9/21 start for C25K

Options
13»

Replies

• mhayes13
    mhayes13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    So far this week completed 2 of the three sessions for week 5 - have to get one more in this weekend. Did one week on a treadmill - that was easier than over the road so whenever possible I am going to stay on the road to get the most out of my effort. Keep at it everyone - you will enjoy it more as you progress.
  • denise5374
    Options
    I repeated week 1 this week...finally made it through all 8 60 second runs. will be moving in to week 2 on Monday!
  • jigglybits
    jigglybits Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Haven't been able to get any exercise in since wednesday..so tomorrow i will do week three day three and carry on from there!

Good luck to everyone on their new week u can do it!
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I am a slow starter, so while I originally started on 9/21, it has taken me a while to actually "get into the groove". Saturday I decided to bump up to week 2, not knowing what it consisted of. I use a podcast, so all I have to do is run or walk when told (I'm such a good doobie!). I found it MUCH better than the first week. The minute on minute off was trying, where as I did the first 3 min run with almost no problem. The second set was more challenging, but I pushed through and felt so good about myself! I am going to do day 2 today.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    i did W3 D! today and it felt like it was over so quickly. i must admit i missed the last two minutes of the cool down cause i was back at my house. but i'm ready for the nest day. been totally off it this week but hope to get my groove back after getting outside today. the weather is turning here in England. its getting blustery ang much cooler. oh well. another 6 weeks to go. weight is going well too. down to the last ten pounds i think.
  • jigglybits
    Options
    did week 3 day 3 today and struggled :grumble: still gonna start week 4 anyways i hope it all goes smoothly good luck everyone
  • JapaneseAngel27
    Options
    I've done something to my knees--it even hurts when I walk! I've heard various opinions to what it could be (ligaments, hamstrings, etc.) but it basically boils down to not stretching and not wearing good shoes. So now I've got to take the rest of the week to rest my knees and find good shoes and I've lost a whole week of training! Argh!
  • mhayes13
    mhayes13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Struggled a little over the weekend so I did not get day 3 of week 5 in until yesterday. But I amde it and it is a 20 minute run with no breaks. Did not think I could do it but was able to do it all. For someone who has never been a runner I think I am starting to get hooked. On to week 6 Saturday!
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,441 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to repeat week 3, because this past week has been very tough to get my runs in. Not having to run around next week should help me some. :smile: Hoping this rain goes away too, because I'm not a big fan of running in the rain. :frown:
  • jigglybits
    Options
    I am repeating week 3 as well last week was a disaster only got one run in gonna start fresh at it today.

I hope everyone is good :happy:
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Day 1 of week 3 finished last night on my TM, because I just didn't want to run in the dark. :wink: But it was a great run. I'm able to run faster on the 1-1/2 min. runs. :drinker:
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    have only run once this week and that was today. W4 D1 managed all but the last 5 minute run. it was a mixture of wogging and walking but i have been offish for since the weekend. I'm really starting to feel better this week. so tommorroow will be day two.

plus i have got to stop running up hill on the way home its killing me lol. Maybe run uphill at start and down hill at the end then i'll make it all the way.

I have really enjoyed this program so far and can actually feel a difference in my stamina so i want to push on. I have a feeling i will be repeating this week though.!
  • jigglybits
    Options
    Finally started week 4 today...man 5 minutes is hard I wasn't able to finish the last 4 minutes only managed 3 but hey wednesday will be better or so I keep telling myself :laugh:
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Finished week 3 on Saturday, and am planning on starting week 4 day 1 tonight after work. :wink:
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Got Day 1 of Week 4 done last night. I decided to run with my dog. I have done this in the past, and it is a hit or miss with her depending on how many distractions there are. Yesterday had plenty of distractions, but it helped that they where during the walking portions. :laugh: