How Endomondo has Motivated Me More than Anything Ever...

Options

Replies

• hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I use it on my runs. Since I use the MP3 player on my phone and have my earbuds on, I like how it cuts in at each mile with my time.
  • iiFarmerii
    iiFarmerii Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded this app to my blackberry yesterday, haven't got a chance to use it yet, but now that the kids will be on summer vacation soon, i'm sure I'll be taking them on lots of walks, hikes and bike rides so can't wait to try it out! :glasses:

You will love this! I promise :)
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    I have been using Runkeeper, which sounds similar - great motivational tool!
  • iiFarmerii
    Options
    The main reason that I started my blog, endomondoroad.blogspot.com, is to share with everyone my experience with this app and how it has helped me with my fitness goals...

I'm glad to see that there are a lot of people enjoying the same benefits!
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I just got it - you can find me at jewelathome
  • HeartME511healthy
    HeartME511healthy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    There are so many apps out there, I did check this out and infact signed up, I currently use RunKeeper and MapMyFitness along with FitBit device. they all work well for me and keep me going for sure.
  • bigdal77
    bigdal77 Posts: 69
    Options
    yes i love this app been using it or about 6 weeks for cycling and it records PB :) you can found my on bigdal77
  • iiFarmerii
    Options
    yes i love this app been using it or about 6 weeks for cycling and it records PB :) you can found my on bigdal77

I'm not able to find you or anybody else using the username for some weird reason...
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    Question: How does the endomondo app measure the heartrate? Do I have to wear a heartrate monitor?
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yep, I use Endomondo and Sports Tracker.
    The distances never match up, no big deal to me.
    My main use is to track my speed and time while doing C25K.
    I have used it kayaking also.
    When the GPS signal is bad both apps will give bad data. I had one run where the GPS never locked in so it showed no distance. It did record the time.
  • iiFarmerii
    Options
    Question: How does the endomondo app measure the heartrate? Do I have to wear a heartrate monitor?

I personally don't have one but you can purchase heart rate monitors that connect to the app via bluetooth...
  • iiFarmerii
    Options
    Yep, I use Endomondo and Sports Tracker.
    The distances never match up, no big deal to me.
    My main use is to track my speed and time while doing C25K.
    I have used it kayaking also.
    When the GPS signal is bad both apps will give bad data. I had one run where the GPS never locked in so it showed no distance. It did record the time.

Yeah... the GPS, depending on the location can be sporadic and inaccurate... Sometimes restarting your phone before the activity helps establish a better reading...
  • Biggipooh
    Options
    thanks, to bad, I can't use the polar heart rate belt.
  • Biggipooh
    Options
    thanks, to bad, I can't use the polar heart rate belt.

Actually, let me just try it out.... maybe it works
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm going to download it ASAP, I just guess how far I've walked at lunch. Thanx for the advice!
  • iiFarmerii
    Options
    I'm going to download it ASAP, I just guess how far I've walked at lunch. Thanx for the advice!

You are going to love it!
  • iiFarmerii
    Options
    I am glad to see that I am part of a much larger community of Endomondo users... Thanks for all the feedback :D
  • Ed_81
    Ed_81 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've been using this app for a couple of months, tracking my runs to and from work. I've not had any issues with losing gps signal, but then again the gps on my phone is the best I've ever experienced (nokia N8) I use my phone as a satnav in my car when ever I'm going somewhere new and it has never steered me wrong.
    Every run has followed my route faithfuly.
    I'm getting a HRM soon (as soon as the postie brings it) and I'll be comparing the calories burned according to endomondo with what ever my HRM tells me I've burned. I'll post any discrepancies on this thread after I've used it a few times.
    endomondo has really kept me motivated to push myself and I've seen the time it takes me to run a mile drop to well under 10 minutes which considering I never believed that I'd ever be able to run a mile at all a couple of months ago is a huge step for me.

Keep it up everybody :)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Maybe I am using it wrong but it seemed pretty feature-less to me. It can't find my GPS signal when I am standing under a cloudless desert sky, and it gives me incorrect mileage. *I run the same route each time, and have driven it as well as plotted it on mapquest pedometer and got a totally different (larger) mileage with endomondo* :ohwell:
  • iiFarmerii
    Options
    I've been using this app for a couple of months, tracking my runs to and from work. I've not had any issues with losing gps signal, but then again the gps on my phone is the best I've ever experienced (nokia N8) I use my phone as a satnav in my car when ever I'm going somewhere new and it has never steered me wrong.
    Every run has followed my route faithfuly.
    I'm getting a HRM soon (as soon as the postie brings it) and I'll be comparing the calories burned according to endomondo with what ever my HRM tells me I've burned. I'll post any discrepancies on this thread after I've used it a few times.
    endomondo has really kept me motivated to push myself and I've seen the time it takes me to run a mile drop to well under 10 minutes which considering I never believed that I'd ever be able to run a mile at all a couple of months ago is a huge step for me.

Keep it up everybody :)

Wow man... thanks for sharing your experience... I am interested to see how the comparison is when you get that in the mail...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!