Newbie- 152lbs to go.. I might need help

Options
Im 25 years old. Mother of a beautiful three year old. I'm not to sure how blogging could help me but I don't think I can do this myself. I'm looking to get to know people with a similar weight loss goal to mine, people who have lost lots of weight or not.  

I've been saying I'm going to lose weight since I gained it after high school. I got more serious when I got preeclampsia and almost lost might baby. After she arrived healthy that motivation faded. Then recently my job gave us free health screenings.  Turns out I have high cholesterol , high blood pressure and high risk for a heart attack. I was absolutely devastated and I'm still trying to get over the initial shock,  but I'm more motivated then I ever have been.  I still don't know if I can do it on my own though..... 

Thanks for reading and I hope to get to see everyone reach their goals with me!

Replies

• sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Here's your Welcome Wagon!!

http://youtu.be/E2so9mx3Iag

Welcome welcome welcome, a fine welcome to you!
    Welcome welcome welcome I say "how do you do?"
    Welcome welcome welcome I say "Hipp hipp hurray!"
    Welcome welcome welcome to M.F.P Todaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!

Wait for it....

*CONFETTI*

Feel free to add me =)
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    First off...Welcome!
    Secondly...Good luck!

I've been on here for about a month and a half and have had VERY good success (23 pounds so far) My best advice is to take it one day at a time. As a father of 2 I know how hard it can be to get in your exercise and track everything that you eat. But it's worth it. My ultimate goal is to lose 200-230 pounds. Feel free to add me as a friend and I'd be happy to provide support and suggestions for you...if you want.

Regardless I wish you the best of luck!
  • JustQuitIt
    JustQuitIt Posts: 38
    Options
    There's lots of support here, and ideas, and cool people. You can do this :)

23190813.png
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Welcome! If you approach it more from a "living a healthier lifestyle" than from a "being on a diet" mentality you'll do great!
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Spend some time in the "success stories" forum.
  • KKR1220
    KKR1220 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have started, stopped, started, stopped an finally started once again on my fitness pal. I have a total of 19 lbs to lose. We can do it together...I have faith in both of us...

Good LUCK!!!:smile:
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I was in the same situation as you were last January, minus the high cholesterol, but I did have Type 2 diabetes. It takes extreme dedication and changing your lifestyle for good to be successful in keeping the weight off. I have lost all my weigh in a year and have been dilligent in keeping it off for 5 months or so. Feel free to add me if you have any questions or need help along the way.
  • aubreysgrammy
    aubreysgrammy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I too could be considered a "newbie", have started on here more than once and always gave up. This time I can't. I just had a pretty good scare with my heart that landed me in the hospital. My potasium was dangerously low (due to poor diet) and I had chest pain a run of "v-tach" where your heart rate goes from normal to over 200 beats per minute. Scared the living begeebers out of me. I need to lose weight, at least 60-70 pounds would be optimal. I plan on using this as a tool/guide to help me, you and everyone else I can to become healthier and in fit. I used to say I was in shape because round is a shape, no more jokes this is serious now. The thought of leaving my grandaughter without her grammy was just too much for me. I will encourge you to reach your goals, just as I am hoping someone on here will push me!
  • smileyface_2510
    Options
    Hey Hun, being on MFP is very encouraging, we are all here to help one another succeed in our goals! YOU CAN DO IT:flowerforyou:
  • twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Everyone has been very helpful and friendly to me here Feel free to add me.
  • Musicgrl4life
    Musicgrl4life Posts: 132
    Options
    welcome!! take it a day at a time and gradually change your eating habits and it will become easier. keep your head up and stay positive. you can do it! :smile:

Good luck to you!
  • aralls64
    aralls64 Posts: 13
    Options
    Well you made a good choice with this site. It will help you alot.. I'm a 48 year grandmother of 7... Keeping track of what you eat, how much exercise you do a day, your water intake is very important. Good luck on your journey to a new and better you.
  • miracleharper
    Options
    Welcome i just recently joined myself but i have been on this new lifestyle change since feb. since feb i lost. 33 pounds. I jave lost four pounds since i found this site. but today was a bad day for me i had a snicker bar and five sourcream flavored cracler and no work out. The crackers and candy bar os all i have eaten today. You and i have about the same weight loss goal. its important to remind each other that not every day is gonna be a great one but we cant give up.. add me
  • linantha
    linantha Posts: 2
    Options
    I have gained roughly 20 lbs in the last 8-10 months due to stress. I still have the stress but am consciously trying to mind my eating habits and not give into the temptation to eat when I feel overwhelmed. It's tough but I know I can do it with the support of people in similar situations. That's where MFP comes in....really hoping to connect with people who have similar weight loss goals!
  • JunkFoodWars
    JunkFoodWars Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! The post and messages already make me so much more motivated and happy that I found this application and website. I look forward to loosing this extra body I have and taking my journey with you all!
  • mdg0421
    mdg0421 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP family! Take it 1 meal at a time and take baby steps to making lifestyle changes. I've been up here for 3 months and I've lost nearly 50 lbs since January so if I can do it anyone can :)
  • JunkFoodWars
    JunkFoodWars Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Congratulations on your loss!
  • web9816
    web9816 Posts: 4
    Options
    Welcome to the site I am Kim and looking to lose quite a bit of weight. We are close to the same age and if you are game we can be buddies and keep each other on track.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Welcome! feel free to add me. And good luck on this journey
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    You can do this. I have about 150-160 pounds to lose. I have lost 10 pounds so far just by watching my calories. But that's just me. I have multiple sclerosis and fall if I walk too much but I work through it. I do my nightly exercises. At least one minute on the elliptical trainer my husband bought us. Or I walk the dogs for 10 minutes....with the aid of crutches. I am sure that when I get under 170 I won't fall when I walk. If I can do this, so can you.
    Add me if you would like. I don't mind.

Terri
    Texas