Does anyone tried bodybugg or Wii fit?

Options
2»

Replies

• TJFreeman
    Options
    I have a Wii and enjoy the hula hoop and boxing segments of the Wii Fit program, but I have to agree that the center of balance crap, etc. is annoying. I also don't like how you have to "unlock" new exercises. I have the My Fitness Coach and I LOVE it. My BFF just bought a Bodybugg and this past week was her first full week. She is enjoying using it so far.
  • MissPriss30
    Options
    Ok, I have a bodybug and do not know how accurate it is as I gained weight while using it! This could have been in part because I was eating too many carbs as well, who knows? All I know is that it is bulky and looks stupid and I would constantly get asked what it was. May I suggest something much much cheaper and more accurate which is what I now use? For about $75 you can score a polar heart rate monitor, make sure it has the calorie counting system on it when you purchase it! You wear a strap under your boobs that snaps into place around your body, then you have a watch you wear to keep track of everything all day long if you would like! It does not scream LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME as the body bug does and I am not constantly getting asked what it is because it looks like a typical watch! Hope that helps!
  • wewe12
    wewe12 Posts: 79
    Options
    wish me luck i might be a winner of a bodybugg tonight i will find out
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I am with you! These questions are annoying. I did not know there was a Wi Fit Plus. I tried the Wi Active, but it is too hard on my knees. Have you done the Wi Fit Plus yet? I may want to pick it up, please tell us how it is working for you. You look amazing by the way, quite inspirational!:smile:

Lady Di came home with the Wii fit plus a couple days ago. It's better, kinda fun. I like some of the new balance games.

Supposedly you can set up a routine of several exercises and run them consecutively without all the cool-offs for the little Q&A sessions like the original. I haven't set that up yet. I do 1/2 hour elliptical every morning and 45 minutes of weights 3x a week, and that's enough. For me Wii fit is just a toy right now.
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    Casper:

The Wii Fit plus, lets you link the yoga and the strength training in any combinations you want in any order, but not the cardio. Lots of fun new mini games are added too. Rythmic Parade will get you moving because as you get better, your marching band gets bigger and bigger, and you'll keep going back to improve on it. I wish they had added new step aerobic programs. That's how I lost my first 50 lbs just on the Wii Fit doing repetition after repittion of everything.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Wii also has a new Biggest Loser game that can be used with or without the board. I am thinking about getting this Wii Fit Plus or the Biggest Loser. The Biggest Loser is about $10 more than the WII fit plus.
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    I borrowed the Wii fit from my sister and I do have to admit I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I did not buy it. As other have said it's boring and I can't see for the life of me how you can get an active workout standing in one place on the board. I need to be jumping all over my living room like a mad woman to feel like I actually did something :laugh: That being said I do want to try the EA Active. :drinker:

I think the bodybugg looks really cool when the biggest losers wear it :bigsmile: but I do have a Polar HRM and if they pretty much do the same thing the HRM is cheaper
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I have a body bugg and it might just be the best weight loss tool investment I've ever made. It is pricey - I bought mine for $199, and didn't get the digital display (don't REALLY need it). Its encredible, and eye-opening to see what sitting around vs taking a walk (or cleaning house for that matter) does to your daily calorie expenditure. On days I sit at the computer and work literally all day, I only burn 1700 cals. On days I clean house, take walks with my son etc, I burn over 2800. That's more than an 1100 difference! It is also significantly more accurate than a HRM.

As someone else said it was unsightly - mine isn't at all. They have made it smaller now (and black as opposed to gray). Mine is hardly noticeable, I've never had anyone ask me about it. Most short sleeve shirts cover it, and its not big enough to create a 'bulge' in the shirt.

Bad part? Their food logging program SUCKS compared to MFP. I still use MFP for that, but I don't think I could ever give up my Bugg. :heart:

So do you need a BB to lose weight? Absolutely not. Has my weight loss picked up A LOT since I started using it? You bet. Just my two cents, because you asked. Hope that helps! :flowerforyou:

*Side note, if you gain weight with the BB - it is probably due to inaccurate food measuring/reporting. The actual calorie burn recording device is as accurate as you can get without being in a medical facility.
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    TCA:

You also need a balance board for Wii Fit Plus, so if you don't already own one, that would be a big investment. Biggest loser for the Wii got good reviews, and if you are already used to working out will be a bigger challenge than the Wii Fit Plus. Since I already have Sports Active and My Fitness Coach, I''m not investing in the Biggest Loser program at this time.
  • wewe12
    wewe12 Posts: 79
    Options
    YE WON MY BODYBUGG ON EBAY FOR 100$ BRAN NEW
  • mygirlsnme
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit and the Wii Active. I REALLY like the Wii Active, you can custom your work outs, there is a new "game" if you will for the Wii Fit... gonna do more rearch on it prior to purchase. The Biggest loser has a "game" as well, but it's like $40... don't really have the extra $ for that just yet...

I've seen the body bugg, but I would suggest the Wii.... Good luck!