Hello all! (Newbie)

Hello all, I'm rather new here - I found my way onto this site after my astonishing realization of "Whoa, when did this chunky guy replace me in the mirror!" Sooo, needless to say, I thought it was time for a change!

I am a 24 year old male, pursuing my degree in Veterinary medicine, and up until about 5 years ago, was a pretty healthy guy. I began gaining weight in 2007 (About the same time my girlfriend and I got together ;P) and I've had about enough of it - I am here to lose 30 pounds, and perhaps make a few friends along the way!

I'm 5 pounds into my goal, and feeling great - Feel free to pester me, I'd love to hear from some of you!

-Whitepaw

Replies

• ClaSSiE86
    ClaSSiE86 Posts: 72 Member
    welcome to MFP :) you will find a lot of great support here! feel free to add me if you like (:
  • Whitepaw
    Whitepaw Posts: 8
    Goodness, what a quick reply!

Thank you so much for the welcome!
  • Yazy_boo
    Yazy_boo Posts: 48 Member
    Hi!! Congratz on da 5lb lost!! Add me we can support each other!1
  • Whitepaw
    Hey there, thank you! It's only 5 pounds, but it's a start, lol

And thank you, I shall! =)
  • Crumleygirl
    Crumleygirl Posts: 86 Member
    Hi and welcome. You'll love the people here. Don't downsize it; 5 pounds is a big accomplishment. It's very hard to lose weight. Good luck with the west of your journey. I'm 20 so feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Lushaholic
    Lushaholic Posts: 62
    Hello there, The other posters are definitely right, you should feel AMAZING about your first 5 pounds and PUMPED, because it won't be your last ones! Feel free to add me I am also new!
  • Whitepaw
    Hello there, thank you both so much!

I appreciate the kind words, and yes, hopefully I can keep it up - I'm relatively stubborn, so I think it's doable, haha.