166 calorie stir fry!

Options
kfitzpa
kfitzpa Posts: 326
just made the yummiest dinner and it's only 166 calories for tons of food!

shirataki noodles - 40 calories (entire bag!)
1 cup bean sprouts - 30 calories
1 cup cole slaw mix - 16 calories
1 tsp canola oil - 40 calories
3 tbsp lite soy sauce - 30 calories
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce - 10 calories

AH9ju.jpg?2

Replies

• relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    looks yummy!!!
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Where do you get shirataki noodles?? I tried looking for them amongst all the noodles but couldn't find them. Do you have to buy them at a specialty grocery store?
  • kfitzpa
    Options
    Not sure if you have Pathmarks where you are but I found them in Pathmark near the produce by the tofu.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Looks good!
  • IAmJustina
    IAmJustina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Delish!
  • lovinlandl
    lovinlandl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump
  • flowersgalore76
    Options
    Do you just soak the noodles in hot water or do they have to be cooked. Thanks so much.
    With the calories being so low, you could put more veggies like snap peas or pea pods much more.:drinker:
    :drinker:
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jauryn
    Jauryn Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump; I keep meaning to try these noodles. Haven't found them at the store and not sure if that miraclenoodle site is overpriced or not. Anyone know if they sell at Fresh Market?
  • kfitzpa
    Options
    Do you just soak the noodles in hot water or do they have to be cooked. Thanks so much.
    With the calories being so low, you could put more veggies like snap peas or pea pods much more.:drinker:
    :drinker:

i rinse them really well out of the bag, and then i microwave them for a minute (to kinda get rid of that fishy smell) and then i just throw them in the stir fry. yep! that would be yummy.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Where do you get shirataki noodles?? I tried looking for them amongst all the noodles but couldn't find them. Do you have to buy them at a specialty grocery store?

I just bought these for the first time. In my grocery store (Meijer) I found them in the gluten free section in the chips aisle (!). The 8oz bag costs 2.99, I think. The ones I bought have 0 calories, though.
  • momo2011Tuck
    momo2011Tuck Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try your recipe! I've found those noodles at Whole Foods and Trader Joes.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I want this so bad but with shrimp and chicken!!! Yum!!! Now I want chinese :-/
  • kimstaaa
    kimstaaa Posts: 24
    Options
    Excellent recipie! Thanks for sharing, I'll have to try that out for lunch next week :)
  • LoseWithLaurie
    LoseWithLaurie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try this...thanks for sharing)
  • whitdance
    whitdance Posts: 18
    Options
    Yum ! I will have to try this ! Thanks
  • MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Bump added to shopping list. Thanks
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options

Most grocery stores have an Asian section now. You'll find them there if yours does. I can't seem to find them around here so I've been shopping online for them. They are really cheap. I found some on amazon for less than 2 bucks a package.