Shred starting may 26th

Options
CricketKate
CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
I would like to start the shred tomorrow. Anyone interested in joining me?

Replies

• CricketKate
    Options
    Anyone? Anyone? Is everyone out of town?
  • rooster70460
    rooster70460 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    What is shred if I may ask?
  • Amuggsy78
    Amuggsy78 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I absolutely want to re-start. But I think I have to start next week. Add me and I will cheer you on if you will do the same for me. I started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred about two months ago but didn't make it through before I went on vacation, blew my diet, and got sick so I can't workout until the pressure comes off my ear.
    I'd love to get a bunch of us to all start at roughly the same time and track progress with pics. Come on guys lets DO THIS!
  • wasteofpaint35
    wasteofpaint35 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday...... :(
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Im starting on Monday. So you will be about two days ahead of me.
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    What is shred if I may ask?

It is a Jillian Michaels workout DVD. It lasts 30 days and you can lose up to 20 lbs. It costs about 10 bucks at Walmart..
  • candiliza
    candiliza Posts: 77
    Options
    I'm going to start tomorrow (was gonna wait til June 1st but would prefer to help motivate and be motivated!) let's do this!!! :D
  • Hoonooria
    Hoonooria Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    starting right now. :)
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    StrawberrySuzyQ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday but I'm determined to get through it this time around. Last time I tried I ended up out of town and unable to do my workouts so they got left behind. :frown:

This time I want to keep pushing through and seeing how hot it is supposed to get this weekend where I live I might not be able to do my usual walk and run unless I get up real early or go later in the evening.
  • DarinGettingHawtin2013
    DarinGettingHawtin2013 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm interested... I was working with the group that started on 16Apr2012, but I had to move it to the 60d shred due to medical reasons. I'd like to try again, this time in the 30d.
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I just started this week. Tonight will be my third session, so I'm in.
  • floppybackend
    floppybackend Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've given up, absolutely impossible for me to do it everyday, so exhausting too if your totally unfit and couldnt function after it at first. Did get better after a few weeks but declined from every other to once a week. Decided to opt for the concept 2 rower, core exercises and short runs.

The problem is, its so hard on yr body if you are totally starting from scratch, I couldnt sleep for days as my body was killing.

I would highly recommend a good 5 min stretch before and after and hold the stretches a lot longer than she does, Before - 15 seconds, after 45 seconds I surprised she skimps on this. I will return to it when fitter.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Level 1, Day 1: finished

I'm delighted to see all of you here!
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    Just finished day two of level one! Didn't want to kill Jill nearly as much as I did yesterday! Managed to get through all of the push-ups, too! :bigsmile: Whew! Those are HARD!! I thought I was in better shape!

Hope everyone here was able to get their workout in today! I'll catch up with all of you again tomorrow! :drinker:
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    Level 1, Day 1: finished

I'm delighted to see all of you here!

Good for you!!! Let's keep this going strong!!
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    I've given up, absolutely impossible for me to do it everyday, so exhausting too if your totally unfit and couldnt function after it at first. Did get better after a few weeks but declined from every other to once a week. Decided to opt for the concept 2 rower, core exercises and short runs.

The problem is, its so hard on yr body if you are totally starting from scratch, I couldnt sleep for days as my body was killing.

I would highly recommend a good 5 min stretch before and after and hold the stretches a lot longer than she does, Before - 15 seconds, after 45 seconds I surprised she skimps on this. I will return to it when fitter.

I felt exactly like you did when I first started and had a hard time making it to day three! I was just beginning to really put some effort into working out and basically started from scratch thinking I was stronger than I was. I have lost half of the weight I am looking to lose and decided to give it another try. I also changed my workouts to something I could handle to build up strength and stamina and then came back to it. I just started again yesterday and wasn't sure I would feel like doing it today, but I got through it even stronger than yesterday. And NOT feeling as beat up as I did the first time around. This really ISN'T a workout for beginners, in my humble opinion. :noway:

Don't give up completely on it yet. Just take a month or two to get your stamina and strength built up and then come back and give it another go (and if it takes you more like six months, don't fret over it! It took me about six to eight months to come back to it). :wink:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Level 1, Day 2: Complete! Whew! My shouldres are feeling it today, I had a hard time washing my hair.:blushing:
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I hurt my distal bicep yesterday doing the shred, but found some info to help out the mucsles, if anyone else needs it, just message me and I'll copy/paste it to you. :) I have to take a break today, but will be back at it tomorrow!
  • candiliza
    candiliza Posts: 77
    Options
    I ended up starting today and wow! I had to modify it a lot lol Jillian kicked the crap out of me, but I didn't give up and I'm gonna be right back on it tomorrow ;) WE CAN DO IT!
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    Options
    Almost wimped out on day three after doing a full two mile run in the heat, but I MADE myself do the workout. Almost killed her again but I pushed through and did it. I hope I can walk tomorrow! My calves are KILLING me and I am used to "running" around as I am a server (waitress) and work four days a week and also run two/three days a week.

Come on ladies (and any gents doing this)!!! We can do it!!