A good quote to live by !!!

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I love that quote! I also love "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!":happy:

Both quotes are anorexic mottos.
    I don't support either.
    I will live to eat AND eat to live. They're not mutually exclusive. I will enjoy my food as it nourishes me.
    Cake tastes pretty damn good. So does sushi. Skinny feels different for every person, it's not an automatic happiness ticket.

While I agree that they might be interpreted the way you said, I think the meaning of these quotes depends on what a persons PoV is. Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels can be interpreted as pro-Ana however its also a way for somebody to remember that that cheesecake you wanna eat is not worth it. I certainly don't wanna live to eat. I love to eat and considers food to be one of the best things in my life however it would be a very sad day in my life if I todl myself that I live to eat.

Cake tastes pretty damn good to you but for others, having a goal weight feels even better.

You sound like a smart woman however you're twisting quotes even though you know that they're not meant to be pro-Ana. Also you're trying to force your ideals over others. If they wanna be skinny in a healthy way, I don't see anything wrong. Any there is nothing unhealthy about not wanting to live to eat or reminding yourself that the X-Large pizza you ordered might taste good right now but feeling your goal weight might feel better.
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    "You are not a dog...do not treat yourself with food."

Best one I heard.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Best one on the thread.
  • itsjessicarose
    Options

I don't support either.
    I will live to eat AND eat to live. They're not mutually exclusive. I will enjoy my food as it nourishes me.
    Cake tastes pretty damn good. So does sushi. Skinny feels different for every person, it's not an automatic happiness ticket.

^^^^Anyways. I am NOT and will NEVER be anorexic. I do not support anorexia or anything like that so I guess what it comes down to is that I mean those quotes in a very MATURE practical way. Thanks for ur opinion tho.
  • itsjessicarose
    Options

I don't support either.

While I agree that they might be interpreted the way you said, I think the meaning of these quotes depends on what a persons PoV is. Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels can be interpreted as pro-Ana however its also a way for somebody to remember that that cheesecake you wanna eat is not worth it. I certainly don't wanna live to eat. I love to eat and considers food to be one of the best things in my life however it would be a very sad day in my life if I todl myself that I live to eat.

Cake tastes pretty damn good to you but for others, having a goal weight feels even better.

You sound like a smart woman however you're twisting quotes even though you know that they're not meant to be pro-Ana. Also you're trying to force your ideals over others. If they wanna be skinny in a healthy way, I don't see anything wrong. Any there is nothing unhealthy about not wanting to live to eat or reminding yourself that the X-Large pizza you ordered might taste good right now but feeling your goal weight might feel better.

^^^^^THANK YOU :) You definitely understand what I meant :)) :happy:
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    People take the word "hi" the wrong way on the internet....

ARE YOU CALLING ME A STONED OUT HIPPY?

No, I am simply acknowledging your existence and offering a salutation to coincide with that.

ARE YOU CALLING ME STOOOOOPID >?

No, I am calling you intellectually challenged.
  • taunto
    Options
    People take the word "hi" the wrong way on the internet....

ARE YOU CALLING ME A STONED OUT HIPPY?

No, I am simply acknowledging your existence and offering a salutation to coincide with that.

ARE YOU CALLING ME STOOOOOPID >?

No, I am calling you intellectually challenged.

Xaye, when I say Hi to you, you should assume that I AM calling you STOOOOOOOPID!!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    If everything seems to be coming your way, make sure you aren't at the bottom of the hill.
  • Drendren
    Drendren Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate but that we are powerful beyond measure.
    This is terrific - thanks for sharing. Fear of success holds a lot of people back (myself included).
  • Storey621
    Storey621 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Great quote! thanks for sharing!
  • taunto
    Options
    our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate but that we are powerful beyond measure.
    This is terrific - thanks for sharing. Fear of success holds a lot of people back (myself included).

Heres the full version of that quote

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others
  • Peachycherries
    Peachycherries Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    EFFORT WITHOUT SUCCESS IS FAILURE!
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    "It's not sweat. My Fat Cells are Crying"....

***DISCLAIMER: this is not meant as a pro-anorexia quote, though it has been bandied about pro-ana websites, I am aware. I have had friends & family with that problem and I know how impossible it is to overcome. It is meant as a pro-exercise as a method to achieve a healthy lifestyle***

Here's to a long, healthy, happy life! :drinker:
  • _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options
    "Half this weight loss is ninety percent mental"
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself. - Henry Rollins

Very good read for those interested: http://www.oldtimestrongman.com/strength-articles/iron-henry-rollins
  • itsjessicarose
    Options
    "It's not sweat. My Fat Cells are Crying"....

***DISCLAIMER: this is not meant as a pro-anorexia quote, though it has been bandied about pro-ana websites, I am aware. I have had friends & family with that problem and I know how impossible it is to overcome. It is meant as a pro-exercise as a method to achieve a healthy lifestyle***

Here's to a long, healthy, happy life! :drinker:

I guess I should have put a disclaimer with my quote huh...? lol jk love ur quote too :)
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options

I don't support either.
    Agree with this. I had steak and ice cream for dinner (14 oz. of top sirloin and 1.5 servings of Ben and Jerry's Mint Cookie ice cream). I am in very good shape (although not very modest), and still enjoy delicious foods regularly. You can eat whatever you want... you just can't eat however much you want of whatever you want.

OTOH, I don't support using this mentality as an excuse for an unhealthy lifestyle.
  • taunto
    Options

I don't support either.
    Agree with this. I had steak and ice cream for dinner (14 oz. of top sirloin and 1.5 servings of Ben and Jerry's Mint Cookie ice cream). I am in very good shape (although not very modest), and still enjoy delicious foods regularly. You can eat whatever you want... you just can't eat however much you want of whatever you want.

OTOH, I don't support using this mentality as an excuse for an unhealthy lifestyle.

Very nice. I am jealous of your ability to pull the fork away. However, not all of us are like that and for those of us who don't know when to say no, its quotes like these that keeps us going. For me atleast I know I can't say no after just 1 cookie. This is why I got to this point. My mindset should change and hopefully with time it would but till then, I am completely avoiding these delicacies because even the whiff of them makes me wanna dive in completely and next thing I know, I'm eating 6,000+ calories a day (my actual number of calories before I started paying attention).

tl;dr: One method don't work for everybody. Let them be happy NOT eating that small cup of icecream and try supporting them instead of saying "1 won't hurt" because they won't be stopping at just 1
  • lucymurray12
    Options
    My favourite: Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Ladies do not start fights, but we can finish them!