New and need friends to support me

Options
Just joined because my wife started and it's working for her, so I thought I would give it a try. I only have a few friends, and was looking for others to support, and give advice. I am a veteran, and hurt my knee while in the service. That's what has slowed me down. Thanks

Replies

• Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi bc - I'm new here too, joined yesterday and lost 35 pounds so far* and have about 20 or so to go.

*not since yesterday, I hasten to add.

There's got to be plenty of different types of exercising out there that doesn't involve too much on the knee...
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome...This is a great site to help you lose weight!
  • Pookey14102
    Pookey14102 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    welcome keep up the great work all
  • nywriter69
    nywriter69 Posts: 1
    Options
    Welcome! Have bad knees from arthritis and multiple injuries since my teens and then packed on over 30 lbs in less than six months after two major abdominal surgeries. That plus diabetes complications like plantar fascitis and flattening arches is
    slowing me down from being at full throttle.....Good luck to you!
  • KathyJSR
    KathyJSR Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! Try dancing - your wife may really like it too - find a rec center or studio that offers a variety of styles - ballroom, salsa, etc. - any style that doesn't make you jump much is not hard on knees. I know I keep advocting dance - but if it's fun, it doesn't feel like "exercise". Can significantly burn the calories though!
  • NancyON
    NancyON Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nancy from Northern VA and joined after a friend on facebook said it was successful for him. I will turn 56 on Monday and need to lose 20-30 pounds and tone up. I have a desk job BUT my boss is now paying half our membership at the Sport and Health gym right next door! We normally eat pretty healthy, have cut out lots of junk food, but I do like a little chocolate now and then. I need motivation to exercise and keep with it. Looking forward to this!