What's for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Civeng1
    Civeng1 Posts: 11
    Options
    I Buy the Fage plain 0% fat in the large tub (Costco has these).

I add fresh fruit (stawberries, blueberries or peaches usually) and blend with 170g of yogurt it in my mini-blender.

This has no added sugar and I think the pre-packaged fage with fruit includes some. This is under 200 calories,
  • stampinmama
    stampinmama Posts: 30
    Options
    This morning..... banana, c. spinach, .3 c. cantaloupe, 1.5 frozen berries, .3 c. orange juice, .3 c. plain non-fat yogurt, mix in a blender and drink.... YUMMMO.... I also added a slice of toast and 1tbsp PB since I was 400 calories under yesterday.... and was STARVING this morning.

I also will eat .25 oatmeal mixed with 1 tbsp molasses (for iron), and whatever fresh fruit I have on hand... OR some walnuts and cranraisins mixed in if I don't have fresh.

Something I have found helps, too... is watching your portion control.... you may be able to eat what you had for breakfast this morning in a smaller portion and achieve your goal.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    My breakfast this morning was a bowl of Special K cereal with soy milk, a cup of coffee with creamer and equal, 4 ounces of orange juice. 203 calories total.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I had a 2 Egg Omelette with a bit of Cheese, and a Low fat Coffee.

Yummy :)

I usually just have 2 pieces of toast with Jam on Days that I'm working

What the hell is low fat coffee??? Are you meaning the cream and such that people pollute coffee with? :laugh:
  • Civeng1
    Civeng1 Posts: 11
    Options
    One 6" Blueberry Pancake with Real Vermont Maple Syrup
    One basted Egg
    Coffee with Hazelnut creamer (no Sugar)

304 calories
  • kathyalx
    kathyalx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    To spice up breakfast and stay below- try turkey bacon and eggs! or granola, greek non-fat yogurt (use sweetener to make it sweet with no calories!). I also eat eggs on a piece of toast.

Good luck!
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Take a look at peoples food diary loggings. It always inspires me............
  • rainwalkerSK
    Options
    I really dislike most breakfast foods, and I have to force myself to eat in the mornings (but if I do, I feel SO much more energetic the rest of the day) so I've been eating belvita breakfast "biscuits" in the morning. I don't like the apple cinnamon ones, but the golden oat flavor is delicious.
  • Araucaria29
    Araucaria29 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I usually buy simple ingredients that appeal to me and that are easy to mix and match. Fruit, cottage cheese, eggs, regular milk, soy milk, almond milk, cereal, oatmeal, nuts, cheese, yogurt.

This is what i just had for breakfast :

A smoothie :

- Half a banana
    - 1 cup vanilla flavoured almond milk
    - 1 tablespoon peanut butter
    - 1/4 cup Kashi cereal

And scrambled egg :

- 1/4 teaspoon corn oil
    - 40g of onions
    - 1 egg
    - homemade tomatillo sauce

For a total of 384 cals :)

And now off to make some tea.... 0 cal :)
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Breakfast gone here, but here is lunch just 200 cals yum yum!

IMGP3734.jpg
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Breakfast gone here, but here is lunch just 200 cals yum yum!

IMGP3734.jpg

You dirtied a whole plate just for the little piece of chocolate? Your lunch does look yummy, though :)
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    You dirtied a whole plate just for the little piece of chocolate? Your lunch does look yummy, though :)
    [/quote]

haha! yes but 2 plates of food looks more than 1 plate ;-)
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    This morning I had Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal with strawberries and skim milk - 159 calories and will keep me satisfied for several hours.
  • wrtnbyph
    wrtnbyph Posts: 1
    Options
    This is my first comment on the message boards. Glad to see that my breakfast choices and calorie goals are similar to others. Here are some choices that I mix up depending on how much of a hurry I am to get out the door in the mornings.

1 cup instant coffee w/Sweetleaf English Toffee stevia (finally stopped drowing my coffee in creamer! :smile: )
    Instant Oatmeal
    Omelete w/1 oz ham, turkey, onions, peppers, a little cheese
    Greek Yogurt
    Fruit: Grapes, Banana, or apple. I sometimes wait a little while and eat my fruit as a mid-morning snack
    Cereal on occasion: Honey Nut Cheerios or Honey Bunches of Oats
  • rcm1973
    rcm1973 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Blueberry Almond smoothie
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Egg white omelete with low sodium turkey breast, Weight Watchers pepper cheese and a banana.

210 calories.
  • caitles14
    caitles14 Posts: 89
    Options
    Well today I had Raisin Nut Bran with unsweetened almond milk and some fresh berries on the side...totaling about 330 calories. I might have some coffee now too :)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Whole grain rolled oats, not the chopped up quick oats. Frozen berries!
  • nallynelllb
    nallynelllb Posts: 11
    Options
    A cup of tea and a home made tea biscuit with strawberry jam.
  • bawalker11
    bawalker11 Posts: 78
    Options
    My favourite is egg whites (3), with some smoked salmon and lemon, I try to keep my breakfast low calorie and high protein, it keeps me full and lets me save my calories for the rest of the day.