Plantars Fasciitis help..

Options
Has anyone ever had to have surgery for it? Was it a long recovery? How is it now?

Replies

• StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pink_geranium
    pink_geranium Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I didn't have surgery but got orthopaedic shoes, which solved the problem. The shoes that I found worked for mem were New Balance.
    Good shoes with good support made a big difference, but it took a couple of months before I noticed the pain was gone.
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    bump
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    No surgery or need to see podiatrist. Just went away on its own. It is inflammation so natural anti-inflammatories may help.
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have suffered with this for two years. Had several shots, few different orthotics. The rest of my foot and sometimes leg hurts, very painful. Just so tired of it.

My current new podiatrist gave me another shot and new inserts. He put me on Arthrotec for a month. I think I will require surgery eventually.:sad:
  • AbbeyRysMom
    AbbeyRysMom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    No surgery here.

My mom has it too, her doctor suggested surgery, but when she went for a second opinion (after the first doc did almost nothing before suggesting surgery), that doc said that surgery doesn't always work. Its about 75%.

Also, my mom bought the specially made orthotics, and they made her problem worse bc her first doc fitted her wrong for them. She said the best thing has has used is the dr. scholls that you go to the store and stand on the machine to decide which kind of support you need.

There's also exercises, something called a night splint, etc. I would try all of that before trying surgery that may or may not work.