Good-bye sugar cravings! I don't miss you!

Options
Bunnybeesweet
Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
In the past, I've done cleanses and juice fasts partly in the hopes of getting rid of my sugar cravings. If anything, they got worse...I'd spend the three days, or week, or month dreaming up new dessert recipes. Being on MFP has really helped me focus on meeting my nutritional needs...I eat my veggies, I'm getting plenty of plant-based protein, I've whittled my use of oils down to a mere 1/2 tsp on my huge daily salad, getting most of my daily fat from nuts and seeds. Yesterday, I was faced with my favorite cookies, and last night at a party, my beloved desserts from my old bakery job. Sure, they all looked pretty...but I didn't want any of it. I feel free! I love what I eat and I don't feel deprived. I'm sharing this because most of us struggle to resist the endless temptations, and justify eating junk food because it's still under the calorie goal. But empty calories left me feeling empty (and weak and fat). But now I feel FULL of energy, life, strength, happiness. AND delicious food!

Replies

• sportsciencegirl
    sportsciencegirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Love this - well done!

I'm hoping I can conquer this problem too - I did in the past however that's when I was competing as an athlete...now I'm not and have put on weight it's really hard

If I can get off the diet coke again I think I'd do ok with my cravings.

I've put together 5 or 6 meals for each breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks to help me remain focused - so I'm not eating the same meal everyday and getting bored, but still maintaining my calorie range with nutritious meals that I enjoy!

:)
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yes, meal planning is key! I highly recommend trying to replace the coke with water with lemon and stevia (the only kind I like is 365 stevia extract packets)

You can do it :o)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!