Options

Replies

• HungryRainb0w
    Options
    6 hours to go!
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'll be watching too! Looking forward to the very eclectic mix of music and performances!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    6 hours to go!

BBQ first, then inside for Eurovision. Perfect. Only problem is, my laptop has only 4 hours of battery left.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I predict Italy will win with Denmark and Germany not far behind.

So tonight I have my friends coming round and drinking games lined up. I haven't drank a drop of alcohol for about 5 months so no doubt I will be squiffy fairly quickly :drinker:

Oh, I'm from the UK but not supporting The Hump because, well, it's crap!
  • runnercheryl
    Options
    I predict Italy will win with Denmark and Germany not far behind.

So tonight I have my friends coming round and drinking games lined up. I haven't drank a drop of alcohol for about 5 months so no doubt I will be squiffy fairly quickly :drinker:

Oh, I'm from the UK but not supporting The Hump because, well, it's crap!

Ditto that. I always decide who to support on the night, based on the song rather than the country, but I quite liked our entry last year. This year, not a chance.

My favourite language is Icelandic, so I always hope they'll sing in their own language. I think it's a massive shame when other countries sing in English.
  • skinnyl0l
    skinnyl0l Posts: 63
    Options
    I like Germany too - mostly because the singer is kiiinda hot x))
    BUT: Go norway!!! xD
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

My favourite language is Icelandic, so I always hope they'll sing in their own language. I think it's a massive shame when other countries sing in English.

I'm afraid Iceland are singing in English tonight. There's a lot in English this year from what I saw on the semis, I guess English ones get more votes because more people can understand them.
  • runnercheryl
    Options

I'm afraid Iceland are singing in English tonight. There's a lot in English this year from what I saw on the semis, I guess English ones get more votes because more people can understand them.

Meh. Ok. That's a shame. It seems to be getting more and more popular - if I want to understand them, I put the lyrics on the TV. :tongue: Then I get all the funny phrases that don't quite translate, which add to the entertainment factor.

Oh well.
  • runnercheryl
    Options
    And so it begins.
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    nest year England and Ireland are going to combine their forces and enter a song by Jenglebard - it's sure to be a big improvement on their individual attempts:P
  • runnercheryl
    Options
    On behalf of the UK, sorry everyone...
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    OMG we were terrible! I foresee 0 for us ha ha (UK)
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Belgium spared our blushes
  • runnercheryl
    Options
    I'll be honest, though it hurts to say it I liked Ireland best. Jedward are finally learning to sing.
  • Flixie00
    Options
    The best thing about Eurovision is Graham Norton's commentary
  • iwillrideagain
    Options
    hump was crap we had no chance of getting anywhere even jedward were better than us and i hate them im from uk it dont help that countres vote for thier next door neighbour so its an unfair comp really :grumble:
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    How can you suggest it was scored on the music and performances. Did you see the Russians? It's a joke. Yes I'm a Brit and can't believe we waste money on this trash when we're closing hospital wards on a daily basis. Several European countries includng the UK were given automatic entry to the finals as we pay more for the 'privilege'. It's a joke. No wonder Europe's going down the pan!!
  • RoosterB
    Options
    Hump wans't crap. He sang the same way he has for the past 46 years. It's absolutley nothing to do with the music. It's neighbourly lip service and the UK should be way above participtating in this Euro BS!!
  • Flixie00
    Options
    Its just a bit of fluff and never been about good music.

Now watching a Eurovision TOTP2 special on BBC2, they had Johnny Logan on earlier and I used to have a big crush on him (I was very young).
  • RoosterB
    Options
    I'll be honest, though it hurts to say it I liked Ireland best. Jedward are finally learning to sing.

Dear god, please save us from this!