anybody in their 40's trying to get back the body they lost

Options
2»

Replies

• bakatare2k
    bakatare2k Posts: 17
    Options
    I just turned 41 and started just under 3 months ago. Just been doing heavy cardio and watching what i eat now, but now today i just hit 40 lbs lost. trying atleast to get back to my college weight (250, and over half way there), high school weight would be i think a little too much for me (185). But who knows. At this rate. Feel better and look better also. It can be done! Good luck with your journey!
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Add me! I wanted to be better at 40 than I was when I was 30. I succeeded, mostly due to running. Then I wanted to be better at 50 than I was at 40. Hmm, that's a little harder to do. BUT I'm back to my college weight, thanks to Weight Watchers, MFP, consistent exercise and nutrition. You can do it!
    ur story is very motivating!
  • TheBigBoots
    TheBigBoots Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Please feel free to add me, and that goes for anyone else in this thread. Since the beginning of the year, I've lost about 20 lbs (some of it before joining MFP) and I have to say, it really does seem to turn back the clock in a whole bunch of different ways. Always glad to have more friends along for the ride. :)
  • J_Fabulous
    J_Fabulous Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 years old and on the same quest, to be in the best shape of my life. feel free to add me , we can all do this!:smile:
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Yes, count me in. Let's make it a Group and come up with a catchy name. I too want to be back to my 20s body but have now I will most definitely appreciate it more.
  • kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I just turned 41 in a little over a month ago. People think I am in my late 20's and I want to keep it that way. :wink: but part of that mean getting a body like I had in my 20s. So you can add me too. I am down 11 pounds in under a month. Just upped my calories today though cause I am exhasuted and hungry.

21842360.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and yep trying to find my lost body lol I called the authorities and no dice :( still lost

Feel free to add me if you wish:)
  • Laurakbg
    Laurakbg Posts: 66
    Options
    Yes, count me in. Let's make it a Group and come up with a catchy name. I too want to be back to my 20s body but have now I will most definitely appreciate it more.

I like the group idea! If you made one, I would join. Otherwise, please add me. 43, in same boat. Third time on MFP. Not in terrible shape but not so great either. I too am tired of hearing that I "look good for 40." Moreover, I want to FEEL good - vibrant.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, and I've lost almost 30 pounds in the past four months. Just joined here a week ago, as I want to lose another 6 pounds to get back to my college weight of 190 pounds, which is just right on my 6'2" frame. Nothing dramatic required in my case, just carb reduction, and regular exercise. I travel a lot on business, so instead of joining a gym, I'm making the time in the mornings or evenings to exercise in the hotel. My "old" body has responded very well to the weight lifting. My arms and chest are bigger now than ever, thanks to the weight training. So there is no reason anyone over 40 cannot dramatically change their body for the better.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Not me...I'm trying for one better than I had.

:bigsmile:

Hell yeah!!!! Me TOO!! I'm 35, and after having 2 children, I'm determined to get in the BEST shape of my life. No looking back. :drinker:
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Sure can add me, don't look my age, don't feel my age. Except maybe my knees tell me different some days.
  • sheila2323
    sheila2323 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Only 3 months after my youngest [4th] child was born, I was down to pre-baby weight and I looked awesome. As soon as I stopped nursing though, weight just started increasing. 100 pounds later, I'm trying to get back where I was at 23.