Walden Farmss No Calorie items

Options
While are the grocery store today I saw some no calorie sauces (chocolate, caramel, apple butter, ect). They have no cals, no carbs, and no sugar. Has anyone ever tried them? I looked at reviews and they seem very mixed. My concern is all of the crap they must but in the products to keep them calorie free.

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    The ones that I tried were beyond gross. I don't care if no calorie or not I would never try another one. Also, the entire list is chemicals, that can't be good for anyone.

Make your own, it will be much better for you. For chocolate eat dark chocolate. There are a lot of health benefits to it.
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I tried the chocolate sauce and I thought it was disgusting and I threw it out.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    The ones that I tried were beyond gross. I don't care if no calorie or not I would never try another one. Also, the entire list is chemicals, that can't be good for anyone.

Make your own, it will be much better for you. For chocolate eat dark chocolate. There are a lot of health benefits to it.

^^^This. The ones I tried in the past were gross
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    The salad dressings are good. The sauces, carmel & chocolate, are gross. You'll just have to try it.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I tried two of their salad dressings and they were awful.
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried their sauces, but I have tried their Ranch dressing and omg it is disgusting!!
  • Arperjen
    Arperjen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried their sauces, but I have tried their Ranch dressing and omg it is disgusting!!

QFT.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Frankenfood. Avoid.
    End of discussion. :P
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    most of them are nasty but I have to admit, I love the caramel dip and the sesame ginger sauce. the sweet stuff is made with splenda. I actually asked how it is they are calorie free and was told just as with splenda, anything under 5 calories a serving they are allowed to say it is calorie free. With that said, I am sure they are at least the 5.

just some ideas in case anyone gets the nerve up to buying them..

the caramel dip is so good on a piece of toast with a little Brummel and brown yogurt spread OR the I can't believe it's not butter spray. ( satisfies my sweet tooth)

the sesame ginger dressing: I cook my veggies in it along with some shrimp (very tasty)
    I also will steam some broccoli slaw and put the dressing over it and of course on my salads.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    We have their Caesar and Thousand Island dressing and like them. We've been avoiding high sugar, high salt and high fat foods for a year now, so I imagine our taste buds, now prefer these flavors more than people who are still used to the stronger flavors we have abandoned.
  • hanlousmith
    hanlousmith Posts: 18
    Options
    bump
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I tried the Honey Mustard Dressing, the Ranch, and the chocolate....this is a simulation of my face after I tried them

1311948270220.jpg
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    I tried the blueberry one. It was one of the most awful things I have ever consumed. I think I spit it out and wiped my tongue with a paper towel.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Personally, I use Walden Farms products often. Some I like and some I don't like. My favorites are Bacon Ranch dressing, Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing, Marshmallow Dip, Garlic & Herb Pasta Sauce, Hickory Smoked BBQ Sauce, Strawberry, Caramel, and Pancake Syrups. I mix the strawberry and caramel syrups into my vanilla protein shakes for a different flavor. I've also tried the Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce, Creamy Bacon dressing, and Asian dressing and they are ok, though not favorites. I did not like the regular Ranch dressing or the Miracle Mayo. However, I mix other seasonings into the mayo and use it occasionally because I hate wasting things.
  • Audrey403
    Audrey403 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love the balsamic vinaigrette dressing
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bump
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I have tried some of them. I do have some bbq sauce in the cabinet that I haven't tried yet .... BUT the ranch dressing I tried once tasted like *kitten*! :( I just go for the light ranch dressings and allow room in my day for that 70-80 calories! ;)
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I tried the "peanut butter".....spit it out:frown: :frown:
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I am a Caesar salad fanatic. I was SO excited when I saw they had Caesar. I opened the jar..and omg..it was so bad..gaggingly bad. It was so sickly sweet, I actually thought it was defective. I ended up chucking it, nobody should be forced to endure that!
  • InkedBeauty89
    InkedBeauty89 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ive tried the carmel dip, the strawberry, and the thousand island. The dip and the strawberry i cant do, they were gross. But the thousand island i use on ruebens and on salads and its pretty good.