Other nut butters

Options
MrsLong1980
MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
Hello hello

I love peanut butter but we all know it isn't the healthiest of things in terms of fattage ... are other nut butters / seed butters better? (e.g. almond butter, sunflower seed butter etc.) Does anyone use other nut butters over peanut butter?

Thank you kindly muchly :)

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Hello hello

I love peanut butter but we all know it isn't the healthiest of things in terms of fattage ... are other nut butters / seed butters better? (e.g. almond butter, sunflower seed butter etc.) Does anyone use other nut butters over peanut butter?

Thank you kindly muchly :)

What's wrong with the fat in peanut butter?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I actually eat peanut butter (with no sugar or oil added...i.e. no skippy or jif) because it has that good fat

I also eat almond butter and the fat content is similar
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    I actually eat peanut butter (with no sugar or oil added...i.e. no skippy or jif) because it has that good fat

I also eat almond butter and the fat content is similar

I like Jif Natural...but that's just a preferance. Your post is right on though.
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm aware there's nothing wrong with the fat in peanut butter (this is why I still eat it and enjoy it), it's the high quantity that I'm thinking about. As in, I would love to eat a good few tbsps of pb because I do so love it but if I had an alternative that tasted as nice with less fat I could have more ... make sense?
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    I'm aware there's nothing wrong with the fat in peanut butter (this is why I still eat it and enjoy it), it's the high quantity that I'm thinking about. As in, I would love to eat a good few tbsps of pb because I do so love it but if I had an alternative that tasted as nice with less fat I could have more ... make sense?

Ahh...much better way of putting it :).

I still say though...if its within your calorie budget...don't worry too much about healthy fats. The goals most people aim for are rarely optimal anyhow. Consider it a moving target :).
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    17010006_lg.jpg

I agree with everything, but wow no PB thread is complete without my love ^^

Oh, also, if you are saying that you want the taste of peanut butter, you could get bell_plantation_pb2_new.jpg

But I like the fat and taste of normal stuff, so I couldn't tell you how the PB2 compares
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Most nut butters have very similar nutritional information provided you are comparing similar items. All natural peanut butter, i.e. just peanuts, and all natural almond butter, is pretty close if I remember correctly. Jiff and almond butter, not so much. That chocolate peanut butter delicious but not the same as all natural. Still delicious. The fats in natural nut butters are good for you too in moderation like any thing else.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Most nut butters have very similar nutritional information provided you are comparing similar items. All natural peanut butter, i.e. just peanuts, and all natural almond butter, is pretty close if I remember correctly. Jiff and almond butter, not so much. That chocolate peanut butter delicious but not the same as all natural. Still delicious. The fats in natural nut butters are good for you too in moderation like any thing else.

Yup this^^

I eat other nut butters because I don't really like peanuts too much. I really like almond butter and cashew butter. Both of them are around 190 calories for two tablespoons just like peanut butter either way.
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You all said NUT BUTTERS LOL :D
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I eat Peanut butter and jelly every day. I just learned to use just two Tablespoons/one serving instead of GLOMMING it on.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    The pb2 is good..or at least, the chocolate pb2 is. The chocolate one tastes like regular to me, and the regular one I didn't care for. That one I'll just put in shakes and recipes.

I have a super high protein requirement, so regular pb is good too :)
  • pgfitmom
    pgfitmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Organic almond butter is yummy! I've wanted to try the pb2, but I've yet to find it locally.
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    I like the peanut butter and co mighty maple!

I try not to keep it in the house unless I plan on cooking with it aside from the jar I have to use to smear peanut butter on my dog's pill pocket to give her her cancer meds because she spits it out other wise.

I kind of have a 2 am shoveling peanut butter in the facehole problem
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I enjoy almond butter, and have made hazlenut cocoa butter (kinda like nutella without all the extra preservatives) both are yummy. I eat regular ole peanut butter too though. I just made some actually.
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    this sounds dirty...
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options

Oh, also, if you are saying that you want the taste of peanut butter, you could get bell_plantation_pb2_new.jpg

^THis stuff tastes like AWEFULLNESS (editing myself here). :noway:

How DARE you compare it to amazing peanut butter!! :mad:
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Organic almond butter is yummy! I've wanted to try the pb2, but I've yet to find it locally.

You can order it online for pretty cheap!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I prefer peanut butter (especially peanut butter & co), but for almond butter I love Barney Butter. It has a mild flavor and very similar texture to pb. Justin's Nut Butters are best for all your other alternative nut butter needs. Maranatha is my #3 choice.
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    17010006_lg.jpg

I agree with everything, but wow no PB thread is complete without my love ^^

But I like the fat and taste of normal stuff, so I couldn't tell you how the PB2 compares

OMG I have a love affair with peanu7t butter and co. Eating some as we speak... om nom nom!
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My dad's allergic to peanuts, so I've replaced peanut butter with almond butter, and I love it! It's nutritional info is very similar to peanut butter though