Master Cleanse?

Options
13»

Replies

• Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You know an old home remedy here in the south is to drink some Fleet's Phosphate and stay at home all day on a Saturday
    :laugh: And eat some red clay! Ever heard that one? My mom's friend swore buy it lol.
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    You know an old home remedy here in the south is to drink some Fleet's Phosphate and stay at home all day on a Saturday
    :laugh: And eat some red clay! Ever heard that one? My mom's friend swore buy it lol.

No, but so many Southern Home remedies work and you cannot argue with them.
  • Papaya
    Papaya Posts: 3
    Options
    It is proven that people who short term fast have lower heart disease risk (1 day a month even can do it)

As has been said MC and other detoxes are not for weight loss, they are for health. Weight loss is largely from having an empty stomach and colon- therefore even if you eat very little each day afterwards, it will come back- but into a healthier and more efficient body.

Holistic practices are often questioned by people who rely on traditional medical practices but doctors tend to unknowingly promote unhealthy products that despite their FDA approval, are terribly unhealthy.
    Splenda is certified- its in the same chemical family as DDT. I have also been largely lectured for not consuming milk products even though my calcium intake through non-animal methods is perfectly healthy. Milk is pasteurized and it is intended by nature for weight gain- it is also full of the drugs that cows are loaded with, once again over exposing our bodies to drugs. The fruits and vegetables that we eat are often coated with pesticides and wax which does not fully come off after washing. Not to mention what is already absorbed into the fruits.

Most detox methods promote an emptying of the colon as well which helps us not to reabsorb the chemicals that our body is excreting. This can be a big issue for people with constipation. The laxative tea is mild and effective at regulating your digestion. I really attest to this one. Since doing a 4 day MC it is food in, food out. No tea needed.

Last year my family doctor diagnosed me as bipolar- I wasn't eating the best choices of foods and had only recently given up dark meats and poultry. My doctor immediately put me on a very expensive mood stabilizing medication, only 25mg at a time and instructed to increase to 50 over a week. Then I was sent to visit a psychiatrist who told me after 2 minutes of conversation that I was definitely bipolar and should increase to 100mg. My next prescription cost over $100 for just over a month's supply. After using that up, I was instructed to call the office and get them to fax the prescription to the pharmacy.

After a month of trying to get a response and a month of not being on the meds, I realized that my mood swings were gone, and stopped trying to contact the psychiatrist. Over the time I had been on them, I had gone fully vegetarian and was eating organic for the most part with very little dairy or egg products. I had also cleansed (though green smoothies) to get the remnants of my unhealthy diet out of me. Now, I have more energy than ever, my skin is divine, and I might even call myself mildly optimistic- and I have been a pessimist since childhood.

Clearly the meds were unneccesary and if I had gone to a holistic doctor, I probably would have gotten the solution I needed right from the start. Now, I am moving towards a wholly vegan diet and a much greater amount of purely raw foods. With each diet change I do a short cleanse to help my body adjust.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I should keep my mouth shut, but when it comes to diet pills, fasting, juice detox and master cleanse...I just get so :explode: :mad: :angry: :grumble: :noway:
    You eat healthy...fruit, veggies, grains, drink water.....you will cleanse the natural way. The body keeps the good and gets rid of the bad.
    Why strip away the good with the bad?
    If you eat right, drink water, and move, your body will cleanse just fine. If not, try adding a bit more fiber.
    Our bodies are amazing, and when we treat them right, they will do amazing things for us.
    Our world has become such a place where we think we need to drink juice for 10 days to cleanse or bodies, or to pop a pill to lose weight or do a master cleanse to flush out......Love you body and take care of it and it will do all the above the right way.
    Have a good day.
    I don't think you should keep your mouth shut. I get just as angry when people bash cleansing for weight loss, because they are NOT for weight loss and anyone who thinks so is misinformed and probably going to do some damage. Cleanses my dear have been around for thousands of years. It used to be and still is in MOST countries the only form of defense from instestinal disorder outside of death or surgery. Fasting has been around since the beginning of time. Our greatest religious leaders including Jesus, Ghandi, and Muhammed all fasted. And the followers of every Orthodox and Main Stream religions have some form of fasting including Jewish. Christians, and Muslims. Fasting is a spriritual practice and a form of discipline used to protest without violence in countries that practice Bhuddism and even in the US.
    The TRUTH is our fruits and vegetables are polluted with pesticides that were not fdound in foods even 20 years ago.The truth is beef is injected with more steroids and hormones than you can imagine. The truth is our air quality is worse than it has been since the dawn of time as our water. So anyone who thinks that our organs can fight all this garbage we as a society have done to the environment and our food sources is dillusional and living in la-la land. The truth is our bodies do need help wheter you choose to go the medical route or the holistic route. The truth is we are all overweight and out of shape for a reason. My grandparents ate bread, beef, salt and 3 meals plus snacks a day and they ate HUGE meals. They both lived into their 80's. They never got fat, they looked at least 30 years younger than they were, and they raised 9+ children. So there is something different because we are getting huge as a nation. We have more internal medicine MD than ever needed before. Our organs are failing, we have problems digesting food. Look at a few hours of commericials and make a mental note of how many related to digestion, stomach problems, and reflux and weight. Trust me the pharmaceutical companies aren't spending millions in advertising for no reason.
    Look at other countries where they practice cleansing and fasting including Europe lease we all think of only third world countries. They live longer, they look better, and they have less health problems (not related to poverty) than we do as a nation. I've NEVER known anyone who died from cleansing naturally or for that matter fasting. I have however known over 20 people who died from clogged arteries, diverticulitis, clogged intestines, and had bleeding ulcers, Irritable bowel syndrome, and a host of other crap that can be prevented NATURALLY.
    I'd never try to pursuade anyone to do anyting they are not educated and informed about. As my posts clearly state this guy should not cleanse to loose. I also clearly state tha if all he has is a pouch and he has over a month to work out an intense ab crunch workout and cardio would tone him up in that time. At no point did anyone say he should cleanse (or fast) to loose weight.

First of all, deep breath.......I have spoke with my doctor just a bit ago about this....cleansing for medical appt along with fasting is necessary, but, with the proper diet and adequate amount of fruits and vegetables (Lot of colors) foods high in omega 3, plenty of water, your body will cleanse itself without aid. Some peoples bodies do not cleanse as well as others, so some doctors will recommend a stool softener.
    That is from a doctor.
    Fasting-religious belief-knock yourself out. But...most people who fast that I know-eat up to a certain time and/or give up a type of food. They are not fasting to lose weight and they are not going for days drinking juice.
    Yes our food is being injected with all kinds of crap, but we don't need cleanse for that. Proper diet can still do the cleansing for you-also asked doctor about that
    Why are people so clogged up-eating crap-fast food-no veggies-or eating a non green and fruit in their daily diets.
    Why are people fat-not trying to be mean-just making a point-
    Fast food, sugar, laziness, grab and go, non balanced diets, not caring about how many calories and trans fat, fried foods, processed foods, and the list is endless-Lack of self control
    I have a grandma who is almost 88-she is fit as a horse and looks like she is in her 60's. She lived before the steroids were injected into the foods and she lives with it. Why is she in good health-she makes the right choices and exercises. Once in a while she needs a bran muffin, but that is very seldom. Proper diet
    Remember Phen Phen-diet pill that was advertised like crazy about 10 years ago.....people died taking it.
    Lose 10 pounds in 10 days-you pee the 10 pounds and you eat a gain every bit back.
    People hear that it is ok to fast and it is great to cleanse. For appt yes. For easy fix HELL no.
    We live in a world where we want a quick fix and people will do drastic things to get them. Harming there lives-life is too short as it is. All these chemicals we eat and the crap we breath everyday, why add one more to out body.
    Sure this has been around for years-100's or 1,000's-but it was natural back then-herbs-teas-
    Now a days it is not-chemicals.
    I can keep going because this stuff just get me :explode: , but I will say just one more thing and I am repeating myself over and over;
    Eat right-exercise and live the crap on the shelves. YOU DON"T NEED IT

oh one more-my husband works in a hospital-most people who go in with themselves so clogged is from poor diet. Those who may have a regular problem usually are are some kind of softener.
    Eat you grains, veggies, fruits and you should be just fine-regardless of the chemical
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    I agree. I eat a lot of fiber, fruits and veggies and I'm regular as can be. My MIL on the other hand has all sorts of issues, but then again all she eats is fried food and would rather go hungry than eat an apple. So if you are unwilling to eat fruit, veggies, whole grains, then yes you might need a cleanse.
  • missktuga
    missktuga Posts: 21
    Options
    I did the 48 hour hollywood diet.... okay... well i tried..... i did it for 7 hours until i saw a mcdonalds and taco bell commercial...... i gave in :(... lost 5 pounds in 7 hours though :)
  • Phatmomma
    Options
    Hmm maybe you need to take a breath. As you missed the one thing-a fast is not for weight loss. You can brush off fasting and cleansing as part of religious practice to if you wish, although it is a bit disrespectful to those who practice both for this purpose...
    If you think food is safe and that our bodies can fight the damage of all the pesticides and steroids then you must not watch the news every single day. You must not be aware of the billions of dollars in lawsuits and billions in RECALLS every single day.
    I can't say why people are fat. I'm not fat nor have I ever been fat. So I won't speak on that because it is a topic I have no experience in. I have a small amount of weight from child birth and not working out.
    I can't give advise on quick weight loss or "tricks" because I don't use them.
    The ORIGINAL Poster asked if he could use a cleanse to loose weight and I think the overwhelming reply was NO. Your post seems to continue to ignore this:mad: , and the fact no one is disagreeing with you that a fast will not help one successfully loose weight.
    The discussion then went to the benefits and negatives on fasting and cleansing.
    My personal motto is live by example. Or is it practice what you preach? :huh: Lol either way. I grew up in a household where we cleanses and fasted but also respected Western medicine. The average age of my family on both sides is 80. No one in our family is morbidly obese either. I have lived in countries were fasting is successfully done and whose cleansing rituals are practiced and embraced worldwide. But I digress... The topic for me is dead and a mute point.:indifferent: I respectfully agree to disagree on the subject of cleansing. I personally would rather try natural remedies BEFORE taking laxatives or stool softeners both of which can cause dependency. But of course that is what MD want so you can keep bringing in the cash.:glasses:
  • Phatmomma
    Options
    I should keep my mouth shut,

At no point did anyone say he should cleanse (or fast) to loose weight.

Fasting-religious belief-knock yourself out. But...most people who fast that I know-eat up to a certain time and/or give up a type of food. They are not fasting to lose weight and they are not going for days drinking juice. SELECTIVE READING AND QUOTING-

NO ONE SAID ANYWHERE TO FAST TO LOOSE WEIGHT. YOU ARE TRYING TO PROVE A POINT WHEN NO ONE IS DISAGREEING DEAR.
    Why are people fat-not trying to be mean-just making a point-
    Well I'm not trying to be mean either, I'm not fat so you would probably have to ask someone who is to use your own words
    Remember Phen Phen-diet pill that was advertised like crazy about 10 years ago.....people died taking it. Hmm yes I do and that is/was for weight loss correct?

I do recall saying in my first post the original poster should try an ab workout and cardio so again I don't think anyone, especially myself was in disagreement.
    Lose 10 pounds in 10 days-you pee the 10 pounds and you eat a gain every bit back.
    People hear that it is ok to fast and it is great to cleanse. For appt yes. For easy fix HELL no.
    We live in a world where we want a quick fix and people will do drastic things to get them. Harming there lives-life is too short as it is. All these chemicals we eat and the crap we breath everyday, why add one more to out body.-

I agree. The Master Cleanse is made up of groceries not chemicals. I also do not see anywhere where ANYONE said to fast or cleanse to loose weight in fact I think EVERYONE has said the opposite
    I can keep going because this stuff just get me :explode: , but I will say just one more thing and I am repeating myself over and over;
    Eat right-exercise and live the crap on the shelves. YOU DON"T NEED IT

I agree and I feel the same way.You obviously are not reading the post but simply choosing to disagree with us all agreeing with you that fasting is not for weight loss.
    oh one more-my husband works in a hospital-most people who go in with themselves so clogged is from poor diet. Those who may have a regular problem usually are are some kind of softener.
    Eat you grains, veggies, fruits and you should be just fine-regardless of the chemical

Great medical advice. But I have to say if you have some type of "clog" and digestive problems go to a doctor. Don't cleanse, don't listen to us, don't change your diet until you have gotten real medical advice. Or you could find yourself in intensive care just like my Mum who might I add has eaten healthy food and been active all her life. Sometimes organs fail and they need help. Her doctor put her on a cleanse and then a liquid fast. after surgery to rest her organs and allow them to heal and stop bleeding.
  • maybeoneday
    Options
    i red your post phatmomma and you said you lost wight doin it this is a place to say what you feel and that seems to be waht people are doin and feel strong that doin some of thees things cna be dangerus i wuz gona fast and didnt becasue of here you keep making a big thing about this but people here woould use it for loosing pounds
  • Phatmomma
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Brilliance! Thank you. You have understood and are obviously well-educated and informed. A breathe of fresh air. or as fresh as we can expect considering what we are continuing to do to our air quality:happy:

It is proven that people who short term fast have lower heart disease risk (1 day a month even can do it)

As has been said MC and other detoxes are not for weight loss, they are for health. Weight loss is largely from having an empty stomach and colon- therefore even if you eat very little each day afterwards, it will come back- but into a healthier and more efficient body.

Holistic practices are often questioned by people who rely on traditional medical practices but doctors tend to unknowingly promote unhealthy products that despite their FDA approval, are terribly unhealthy.
    Splenda is certified- its in the same chemical family as DDT. I have also been largely lectured for not consuming milk products even though my calcium intake through non-animal methods is perfectly healthy. Milk is pasteurized and it is intended by nature for weight gain- it is also full of the drugs that cows are loaded with, once again over exposing our bodies to drugs. The fruits and vegetables that we eat are often coated with pesticides and wax which does not fully come off after washing. Not to mention what is already absorbed into the fruits.

Most detox methods promote an emptying of the colon as well which helps us not to reabsorb the chemicals that our body is excreting. This can be a big issue for people with constipation. The laxative tea is mild and effective at regulating your digestion. I really attest to this one. Since doing a 4 day MC it is food in, food out. No tea needed.

Last year my family doctor diagnosed me as bipolar- I wasn't eating the best choices of foods and had only recently given up dark meats and poultry. My doctor immediately put me on a very expensive mood stabilizing medication, only 25mg at a time and instructed to increase to 50 over a week. Then I was sent to visit a psychiatrist who told me after 2 minutes of conversation that I was definitely bipolar and should increase to 100mg. My next prescription cost over $100 for just over a month's supply. After using that up, I was instructed to call the office and get them to fax the prescription to the pharmacy.

After a month of trying to get a response and a month of not being on the meds, I realized that my mood swings were gone, and stopped trying to contact the psychiatrist. Over the time I had been on them, I had gone fully vegetarian and was eating organic for the most part with very little dairy or egg products. I had also cleansed (though green smoothies) to get the remnants of my unhealthy diet out of me. Now, I have more energy than ever, my skin is divine, and I might even call myself mildly optimistic- and I have been a pessimist since childhood.

Clearly the meds were unneccesary and if I had gone to a holistic doctor, I probably would have gotten the solution I needed right from the start. Now, I am moving towards a wholly vegan diet and a much greater amount of purely raw foods. With each diet change I do a short cleanse to help my body adjust.
  • Phatmomma
    Options
    i red your post phatmomma and you said you lost wight doin it this is a place to say what you feel and that seems to be waht people are doin and feel strong that doin some of thees things cna be dangerus i wuz gona fast and didnt becasue of here you keep making a big thing about this but people here woould use it for loosing pounds

Hmm I'm pretty sure I personally NEVER said I lost weight or rather fasted to loose weight. I did loose weight fasting but that was not the goal-just a side effect. It never came back for me but again I do several fast and cleanses yearly for spiritual and mental cleansing and also to treat my irritable bowel syndrome and insomnia NATURALLY. My MD prescribed Xanax and laxatives. The laxatives caused a dependency which I then had to treat naturally because I could not "go" without them and did permanent damage. The Xanax well was cross prescribed and I would not take it to sleep. That is a serious drug and should be used only to treat serious cases of mental illness, not to cause drowsiness in someone who suffered from insomnia! I'm glad you decided NOT to cleanse. It's for a certain lifestyle I suppose and group of beliefs. Again it is something that requires mental strength, lots of guidance and research and monitoring by your physician to be safe. Ironically my "guy" fasts, cleanses, and even makes my wax from scratch lol and he is a Doctor-one of the best in his field(s). Yet and still he is into hollistic medicine because of his culture, heritage, and religious beliefs.
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    My husband and I did the master cleaner. It was interesting to say the least!
    My husband wanted to stop smoking and detox in the process. I just did it because
    I'm a freak LOL! J/K!
    The salt water flush was GROSS! My husband didn't have a problem with it, but I hate salt!
    I would just CHUG it like a rock star to get it over with :) You have to...there is no sipping it!!!
    Anyways I did lose a lb a day when I was doing it and the amazing thing...I felt awesome!
    I still worked out and never felt fatigue. I just made sure I drank the drink every time I felt
    the slightest hunger pain coming on.
    I learned a few things about myself in the process that was interesting.
    I can't believe how much I missed the process of putting food in my mouth.
    Whenever I was alone I had to constantly fight the "urge" to not" graze" in the kitchen for something to eat. It's crazy how psycological eating is at times. At some point I had trained my body and mind to think when we alone it's time to eat.
    Give the lemon aid drink a day to get use to. I goes from tasting like
    a yucky hot, cayenne pepper, bitter lemon tasting drink to decent lemon taste.
    And this is too cool. When you finally faze back into solid foods, the first bit you take, you can literally feel it going down your throat into your stomach...it's a trip!!!
    So if you do decided to do the cleanser get the book and read it. the way you have the full understanding of the process or it's not worth doing.
    Best of luck to you!
    p.s. My husband has been tobacco free for 1 yr 7 months :) He's awesome!!!!