Hey everyone !

Options
Hi everyone ! I am new to this site, my Mom told me about it. I have been playing around on it and I am finding it to be a great website. I have been struggling with my weight for as long as I can remember. I have finally got to the point where I am desperate to do something about it. I am sooooo far gone that it will take forever but maybe I will get there this time. No maybes, I will get there this time! I start off strong but tend to lose my motivation and stop working on fixing me. I am a 27 year old mother of 2 boys and I need to be around and more involved in things with them. I am tired of being on the couch to tired to get up and play. I have got a long way to go and will probably need a good pep talk from time to time, if not a swift kick in the pants. LOL Anyway, hope to be talking to you guys soon. Good luck with ya'lls weight loss goals too. Jenn :blushing:

Replies

• scoobdoob808
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. I am fairly new to this site as well, but I have found it to be helpful. It is really an eye opener seeing all of the calories that you eat in a day. Everyone has been really helpful and nice and I am sure you will enjoy this site. Again good luck.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, both of you!:flowerforyou:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Jenn, you can do this. But let me just tell you, from experience, that you have to do it for you. Using your two wonderful boys as motivation is great, but the bottom line is you have to do it for you because it will take time, dedication and energy that you most likely use for everyone else. Am I right?

But here is the beautiful irony: If you take the time and energy to dedicate to yourself now, you will have a tremendous amount of energy in the future that you can give away - that's the pay off.

So - first look yourself in the eyes in the mirror and say "I am worth it." Keep repeating that until you honestly mean it- because Jenn - you are.

As for it being 'a long way to go' for me - this is forever. :) I made a lifestyle change that is forever, so it's okay if it takes time for me to get to my goals because every single day is one step in the right direction.

It won't take you long to start reaping the benefits of your hard work either. Losing just 10 percent of your current body weight will help you see tremendous health benefits and you will feel stronger and a million times better.

I salute the fact that you are here. I know you can do this, we're all in this together. Bless you and your efforts to get more healthy! And welcome again!
  • hollyval
    hollyval Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Jenn - I am so proud of you for taking this step. I may be your mother but I am also your best supporter as you do this. And you will! You know I am there for you and I will be happy to do the swift kick anytime:laugh: Just push play.....