Teacher who wants to lose weight.

Options
2»

Replies

• pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Just sent a friend request. I'm a teacher, too. You can do it! It is a great website with lots of supports!!
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Middle school teacher here, also in my mid-40's! I've been at this a year and can honestly say IT WORKS! As always, you will get out of it what you put into it, but the support from others is what will motivate you to keep going even on those days you get overwhelmed.

Snacking ideas: laughing cow cheese wedges with celery, carrots or crackers, or as a cheese/mayo substitute on sandwiches; skinny cow ice cream bars; cut up fresh veggies (if you pre-cut them when you buy them, they are just as handy to grab as chips/crackers and much lower in calories and carbs)

Dessert/sweet snacks: take a box of angel food cake mix (just the mix, not all the other ingredients) and a can of reduced-sugar pie filling; mix together, and spoon into 18 muffin cups. Each one is about 90 calories =)

100-calorie oreo dessert: mix together Fat Free cream cheese and Fat Free cool whip; fold in 12 crushed reduced-fat oreos. Spread in a pan, then sprinkle with 8 additional crushed oreos. Serves 8 for under 100 calories each.
  • cjrunner80
    cjrunner80 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am an aspiring elementary ed. teacher. Currently in my graduate studies to become one. I am 32, and I have been up and down with my weight as well. Looking to make the way into a healthy eating lifestyle. It's not about looks for me it's about being able to move, and have fun and feel good about myself. I used to use LoseIt, but a lot of my friends are having better success on myfitnesspal. Good luck to all!!!
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    I'll be a teacher in the fall....not that it makes a huge difference to weight loss. :) Welcome, and feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    I'm 46 and I've decided that it's time to get back into shape. I've lost and gained weight too many times to count. I'm tired of the yo-yo dieting. I'm trying for a life style change. I'm new at this website and I think it would be helpful to have a support group on the site.

You can friend me - been looking for some new teacher pals. I teach middle school. Maybe we can keep each other away from the treats in the staff room and those darn birthday cupcakes LOL
    :flowerforyou:
  • Michelleypoo82
    Options
    HEY EVERYONE! THERE IS A TEACHER GROUP ON HERE. CHECK IT ON MY PROFILE! (sorry for the caps, but I wanted to get your attention) :)
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I am a teacher too!! Good luck with your journey sweetie!!
  • blackjax007
    blackjax007 Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm a special ed teacher. I've been there and done that too. I've been using mfp since February and have lost 52 lbs as of today. I firmly believe that this time its going to stick! If anyone would like to add me that would be welcomed. Can't go wrong with support!
  • 1DayMarathonRnner
    1DayMarathonRnner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    4th grade teacher in Arizona. I wish you the best with your weight loss journey. I know it is hard but you will find that MFP is a site with supportive people who know exactly what you are going through.

Friend me if you like.

Good Luck!
  • tristine_anne
    Options
    I teach Kinder!
  • Fab4life1
    Fab4life1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am a 1st grade special education teacher and I wish you the best with your weight loss/lifestyle changes! I'm also new to MFP and I'm looking for friends!!!
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm a high school English teacher! Add me =)
  • Lacea357
    Lacea357 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a high school severe/profound Special Education teacher. I want to get another ten pounds off before school and keep the ball running once the year begins. Add me!