New - SIngle Mom looking for support

Options
barbara4599
barbara4599 Posts: 114 Member
After slowly packing on the pounds I have finally decided to get healthy! I have been using the app for a week now and lost my first pound. I am 5" 5", 185 lb. My first goal is 165 by Labor Day. Maybe a strong 150 is realistic by Christmas. Please add me if you want to share food ideas, exercise motivation, and maybe a little whining.

Replies

• littlecesar
    littlecesar Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi Barbara, I'm going to add you to my list of friends. I joined a while ago, but did not take it seriously. I am going to now. I recently went to my doctor's office and weighed in at 200 lbs. I was horrified! Since then, I have been watching what I eat, and most of all portion sizes and have begun to workout again. I am now down to 193.

I would like support as well and someone to whine to also! This losing weight stuff is hard and it's great to have someone to comiserate to along the way.

What exercises do you like to do? Have you ever tried Zumba? I love it and did a class yesterday and burned 600 calories in an hour. Yay me!

Dee
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I would love to help motivate you. I am actually finishing up jillian michaels 30 day shred in about 7 days and was looking for someone to join in on ripped in 30. you can get the dvd from walmart for like 10 bucks. I am pretty amazed at the results so far from her 30 day shred.

So if your interested or just want a friend, my diary is open. :)
  • dscardelli
    dscardelli Posts: 15
    Options
    I am fairly new to this site also but I love it so far. The motivation, inspiration and ideas you get from everyone on here is wonderful. I, too, am a single mom so I can relate. Let's all stick together and get to our goals. I'll add you as a friend. If anyone else needs support, add me as a friend too. The more the merrier!!
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Hi1 I am a single mom of a 10 year old daughter Rylee. I would love to be your friend