Friends near or in the 40s age group

Options

Replies

• iamjoyous
    iamjoyous Posts: 3
    Options
    HI there!

I'm 45, 5' 6", and have 60 lbs to lose. I've lost 2 lbs. so far, but that was back in March, and since then I've ignored the diet and exercise and haven't gone anywhere. I could definitely use some motivation. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    Im 40!! Turning 41 this year and hopefully will soon be Fit and Fabulous too!! :-)
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'll be 39 in October ( wow can't believe 40 is next year for me!) LOL Anyhow...anyone can feel free to add me.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    45 here ( and fighting for dear life) and have lost almost 80lbs thanks to remarkable people here on mfp, please feel free to add me
  • SRikard
    SRikard Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    add me...I'm 49 and loving life! Would be glad to be your friend!
  • namienoo
    namienoo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know I sent you a friend request already (and to some others from here as well) but, for anyone else who would like more support, feel free to send me a friend request. The more support we have, the better we will do (I believe).
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I know I sent you a friend request already (and to some others from here as well) but, for anyone else who would like more support, feel free to send me a friend request. The more support we have, the better we will do (I believe).

You are absolutely right, can't have enough support.
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    I'm 47, feel free to add me. Can never have enough support buddies.
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    Hi! I am turning 40 in August - Mom of 5 ages 4-18! I've been using MFP since Feb and have lost 61 pounds and going to lose 40 more or so. I am 5'11, so I will re-evaluate my goals as I get closer to the 100 lb mark. Feel free to add me!
  • dscardelli
    dscardelli Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi! I had sent you a friend request. I am 47, 5'8" and recently started this program. If there is anyone else out there that would like support, someone to chat with and share ideas, please friend request me also. The more the merrier, I say. We can get through this together.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm Jen ....and yep ...over 40 : ). And still on the journey to get it right.

I eat above my BMR, under TDEE and lift heavy
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 (49 in July), and in maintenance. Would love some other friends in this age group!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    45 here ( and fighting for dear life) and have lost almost 80lbs thanks to remarkable people here on mfp, please feel free to add me

He is a great MFP to have! and you can add me if you'd like. I'm 45 and mom to three 20 something year olds. I'm on here to get fit and find a healthier version of all the foods I like to eat :)
  • blaineandcat
    Options
    I think slipping every now and again is totally okay. I allow myself that and enjoy it and then...move forward. :bigsmile:

We would love to have you join our group - The Practical Housewife. I try to post things daily over there.

:heart:
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    HI! I"m 41 with 3 kids - ages 12, 8 and 6. I"m 5'4" and want to lose about 20lbs (I'm down 30, 26 since starting MFP). Anyone on here is free to add me! Would LOVE more friends in this age group!
  • StephGodsPrincess
    StephGodsPrincess Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and a stay at home mom to a 3 and 5 year old. I would love all the support I can get and will add you. Anyone else feel free to add me as well:)
  • skschuler
    skschuler Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5' 1" 44yr old my babies are grown and loving the Nana role. Feel free to add me. Always looking for motivation and will be there to support.
  • msmoxie68
    msmoxie68 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm 43 and starting at 228 heading towards 145 lbs to get myself out of the "obese" range. I began here on May 1st and I've lost 5 pounds so far,( I weigh in every Monday). I'm learning how to create balance and to break free of "portion distortion", Skinnytaste.com has helped me in numerous ways so I can still enjoy the family meals and try new ones. Also Lean Cuisine is great for those "meals at work" choices. So far this is what I've learned, let's learn more together :) Check out my profile and :
    "Add me !!"
  • abejita803
    abejita803 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello. I sent you a friend request. I am 40 years old, 2 sons and FT job. Starting weight was 205 with a pre diabetic diagnosis. Started journey January 2012 to reverse that. CW is 183.6 and ultimate goal is 155.

I would love to be added to your group , it is great to have friends with common goals and same perspective in life. It is challenging to keep your new lifestyle of feeling and being healthy with all the mixed media messages out there telling how to eat and live "healthier"; motivation and support is key to maintain your path.

Thanks and have a great day!!!