Night cravings

Options
I get so hungry at night and I always want to eat sugar. For those that have actually lost a lot of weight, do you eat at night and if you do what sorts of things do you eat?

Replies

• SlimmingdownSusan
    Options
    I've only been at this a few days. Just a few nights ago I was plunging into the ice cream after the kids went to bed. I usually have a craving for sweets, so I've been sticking with low fat or fat free yogurt. It seems to have enough protein to get me thru the rest of the night. Good luck!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I try to go for protein (sliced ham). Sometimes I'll have prunes or fiber one cereal. I've found that 5 grapes will satisfy me in the middle of the night. I'm try to resist eating in the middle of the night. However, I do allow myself TOM amnesty.:wink:
  • hjmygatt
    Options
    I enjoy honey nut cheerios an hour or so before bed.
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people that has to eat every two hours!! I like to have something filling, so I won't keep snacking, especially since nighttime is my downfall (I do GREAT all day then pretty much blow it at night lol). Yogurt with kiwi slices was my snack tonight, and a cup of tea, and I feel satisfied. My husband and I drink tea before bed every night, it helps us relax and sometimes it helps me not have any bedtime snack! I like Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Tea the best with a tsp of honey :love: Other things I like at night are toast with peanut butter, oatmeal or farina, and if I'm wanting chocolate-sugar free jello pudding or No Pudge brownies :love: :love: :love: Fiber one bars are excellent for a pre-bed snack too. I've been known to have my husband's egg sandwich before bed too:blushing: -egg over easy (fried in 0 cal oil of course!) and a slice of cheese on an english muffin. It's about 200-250 calories depending on the cheese you use and it's delicious, especially if you have the calories left over for it :happy:

Ivykivy, it took me forever months to stop having middle-of-the-night snacks. Now I only need one occasionally instead of every night! Good on ya for trying, I know it's HARD!! :drinker:
  • shedivine18
    Options
    hey! Don't worry we all get them! I Eat those 10 calorie jello snack packs with light whipped cream on top...only like 20 calories...and its so good! Also, if im feeling really bad, I'll eat one of those 100 calorie fudge bars from weigh watchers...LOVE IT they are HUGE!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    A bowl of cereal is a great night time snack. Try Fiber 1 Honey Clusters. So good, and lots of fiber to fill you up.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    A glass of skim milk with low-sugar Hershey's syrup mixed in works for me!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people that has to eat every two hours!! I like to have something filling, so I won't keep snacking, especially since nighttime is my downfall (I do GREAT all day then pretty much blow it at night lol). Yogurt with kiwi slices was my snack tonight, and a cup of tea, and I feel satisfied. My husband and I drink tea before bed every night, it helps us relax and sometimes it helps me not have any bedtime snack! I like Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Tea the best with a tsp of honey :love: Other things I like at night are toast with peanut butter, oatmeal or farina, and if I'm wanting chocolate-sugar free jello pudding or No Pudge brownies :love: :love: :love: Fiber one bars are excellent for a pre-bed snack too. I've been known to have my husband's egg sandwich before bed too:blushing: -egg over easy (fried in 0 cal oil of course!) and a slice of cheese on an english muffin. It's about 200-250 calories depending on the cheese you use and it's delicious, especially if you have the calories left over for it :happy:

Ivykivy, it took me forever months to stop having middle-of-the-night snacks. Now I only need one occasionally instead of every night! Good on ya for trying, I know it's HARD!! :drinker:

What is No Pudge brownies?
  • TJFreeman
    Options
    OMG No Pudge Brownies are great. It is a mix you can buy in the cake mix aisle at some groceries. I found it at my local Kroger. You can make a whole batch, or even an individual brownie. The mix is a little pricey, but well worth it.

I also found that if I eat Greek yogurt (0%) with some berries or just sweetened with your sweetener of choice, that really helps with my sugar craving as well. I am a candy junkie, so being good has really been hard for me. The yogurt helps though. DO NOT try to eat it unsweetened - it's awful that way!
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options

What is No Pudge brownies?

Only the most AMAZING thing ever!!! :love::love::love: No Pudge is delicious no fat brownie mix that you mix with fat free vanilla yogurt, only 120 calories a serving!! TJFreeman pretty much explained it, the best part is that you can make individual brownies whenever you want a fresh brownie! I buy it at Trader Joe's, it's fairly cheap there, about $3.00 :flowerforyou: