Question on loose skin

Options
I do have a few questions for you lot regarding weight loss, ive been doin weight loss pretty slow, first and foremost because i do not want to have loose skin, however i do want to speed it up a bit by the usual methods of excercise and proper eating,as im starting back to college in september im making that a date for a huge drop now in my weight. i have a good three months and i was wondering would it be wrong to try to loose around a stone a month? I have every confidence that its possible however loose skin is the thing im worried about, and if so should i start toning now along the way or wait to i loose another few?? Answers would be great cheers :-) ps ive lost 21 lbs in the last 3 months which brings me down to 21 st 10lbs. im 22 yo guy

Replies

• cwalters1540
    cwalters1540 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    One stone is around 14 pounds, right? That's a lot to lose in a month. Two lbs. a week at the most is considered healthy, Howevermuch you chose to lose in the next month, though, you definitely want to be toning as you go.
  • biglad21
    biglad21 Posts: 9
    Options
    One stone is around 14 pounds, right? That's a lot to lose in a month. Two lbs. a week at the most is considered healthy, Howevermuch you chose to lose in the next month, though, you definitely want to be toning as you go.

what kind of toning would you recommend as im doing only cardio
  • cwalters1540
    cwalters1540 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I work out to the Firm videos which is a mixture of aerobics and toning with weights so I get the benefits of both during one workout. If that doesn't work for you, you could always alternate. Do aerobics one day and use weights the next. There are a lot of good videos out there for women who want to get tone without bulking up.

You can even google toning WIGHOUT weights and get some good hits for Youtube videos and other sites.

Building lean muscle through toning helps burn fat faster and increases metabolism so it will actually help with weight loss. Hope this helps.
  • biglad21
    biglad21 Posts: 9
    Options
    cheerrs =)