30 pounds lost, size 6!

Options
2»

Replies

• tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great. Congratulations, and keep up the good work.

I, too, started in 14's (even a few 16's), and now I'm down approximately 40 lbs and in a size 4. I'm shorter than you, though, so we look very similar!

It's a good feeling.

Thanks for sharing.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It is a great feeling, and glad to see you are proud of yourself.
  • kimchi84
    kimchi84 Posts: 56
    Options
    congrats and you look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep it up girl!
  • MouseFood
    MouseFood Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Great job. I am the same height as you, yet for some reason i don't hit a size 6 until I'm about 135 lb... weird.
  • jhigg11
    jhigg11 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome success story!
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Great job. I am the same height as you, yet for some reason i don't hit a size 6 until I'm about 135 lb... weird.

Her body fat may be lower or she may have a bigger frame. I don't remember what I weighed at size 6, but currently I am a size 4 at 5'6" and 139 lbs. I am small framed. We really can't compare ourselves to others because of all the variables.
  • kparks2
    kparks2 Posts: 121 Member
    Options

I am the same height and after 30 lbs I am not a comfortable size 10 but I can wear some. It also depends on shape and where you carry the weight. I would say I am a size 6/8 on top but that is where I lose my weight the most and first. I am hips, butt and gut ha ha. I thought at 160 which is my goal weight would be a size 8 and I think I will need to hit 150 lbs which is fine.
  • gemmaldavies
    gemmaldavies Posts: 379
    Options
    well done ;o))
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options

I am the same height and after 30 lbs I am not a comfortable size 10 but I can wear some. It also depends on shape and where you carry the weight. I would say I am a size 6/8 on top but that is where I lose my weight the most and first. I am hips, butt and gut ha ha. I thought at 160 which is my goal weight would be a size 8 and I think I will need to hit 150 lbs which is fine.

Yes, every body IS different. I'm 5'3" and I'm a size 4 at 114 lbs. 122 for size 6, probably.

I think this is why so many people get offended at comments about their heights and weights. I've seen people being very critical of us short gals wanting to weigh under 115 lbs. But if I weighed 135, I'd be probably a size 10!
  • bigpenguin570
    bigpenguin570 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I am so happy for you!!
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    That's a really cute story, especially because it has a happy ending! Congratulations on your success. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!