Replies

• reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    It's hard to stick to a serving.....what about a "smart" pasta? Have you tried spaghetti squash or tofu shiritaki? Those are all low cal/carb options!
  • RenVan
    RenVan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I used spaghetti squash, low sodium canned tomatoes and ground turkey
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    i have a food scale and weigh 2 oz dry spaghetti. its quick and easy to do
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I grab a fork and dig in. As long as it fits into my daily calorie goal I go for it.
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I eat spaghetti sauce with zuchhinni strips and mushrooms
  • sarasmile144
    sarasmile144 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    When we do make spaghetti... we use whole wheat spaghetti noodles, extremely lean hamburger, and we add sauteed zucchini, olives, extra tomatoes.. lots of different veggies to make it more filling.. and it tastes insanely excellent :)
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel sprouted whole grain pasta has a low glycemic index and doesn't have high impact on blood sugar, which makes it a whole world better than regular pasta or even regular whole wheat pasta. Or if you want to go even lower cal and carb and spend more Miracle Noodle has No calories, No carbs, but pricey yet great reviews
    > http://www.miraclenoodle.com/p-2-angel-hair-pasta.aspx
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I make the whole box and divide it up by eyeball into 7 or 8 servings. What isn't eaten get refrigerated for later. It never goes to waste.
  • elizabethmae1214
    Options
    I just started measuring my pasta. It's not a big deal because I was only eating about 1 1/2 servings w/o measuring before. Then I load it up with my sauce which is mostly veggies, tons of squash, mushrooms, onions and zucchini with the tomato sauce just there to fill it out a bit.

I don't order pasta when I eat out though. As a rule. The portions are always insane and I opt for something indulgent but heavy on the protein instead, like a huge steak!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I now have a set of measuring cups dedicated to the stove and all things that come off of it. I don't find that it takes any time at all to twirl a fork in the pasta and drop it into a measure cup and then into a bowl. I think I may have spent more time dreading it than actually doing it before I actually started but in the end it was just an excuse to eat more than I needed.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I cut up a lot of veggies like zucchini, squash, onions, peppers, whatever, sautee them, and then add sauce and simmer. I end up with more veggies than pasta in the end, which I like. Yum.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    With meat sauce and a fork
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    With meat sauce and a fork

i occasionally use a spoon as well, to properly twirl the noodles on the fork.

also, with a side of garlic bread.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I usually twirl it with a spoon or a knife if that's all I'm given.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Dreamfields. Measure it dry (on a scale) then cook it. Yeah, its a pain and a half but a 2oz portion is a lot of of food! I never would have guessed if I hadn't actually taken the time to cook my portion seperately from the rest of my family's food.

Then I like to top it with marinated artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, a tbsp of pesto, and shaved parmesan cheese. Sometimes I throw some cooked chicken on top too.
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I never could get used to the whole grain/healtheir high fiber pasta it would sit in the cubbard forever and I'd end up tossing it after a few years until I tried again and remembered why I hate it.

I just stick to normal white pasta. Its not something I eat much of but when I do plan on, it I want to enjoy it!

And I eat my spaghetti like the others, with a fork & I prefer a bowl over a plate so I dont make messes.

Homemade tomato sauce from fresh tomatos, fresh garlic, oregano basil onion..yum!! I also like to throw in 1 habanero with the garlic in the processor to chop............... for when I'm feeling spicy. :)
  • kdaughertyfp
    kdaughertyfp Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I mix bean sprouts (canned, drain and rinse) in with spagetti, that way I get the taste of pasta but get more volume with less carbs and calories!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I eat it on my heavy workout days. I measure it out. And I eat a salad with it.
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    1. Twirl on fork.
    2. Open mouth.
    3. Insert.