I don't see a difference, at all...Do you?

Options
2»

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Your lower half looks a lot smaller. As does your chest. Unfortunately your shirt is too baggy to tell for the tummy so I can't say there. Keep going you are showing progress. I've heard it takes twelve weeks for you to notice weight loss

I have been doing this for more than 12 weeks. I have been losing consistently since the end of January, but it isn't very noticeable.

Don't give up! It takes a while to notice especially when you have a lot to lose, but just remember that you're doing really really well. This is a great start. Don't worry about it so much, and just keep doing what you're doing!
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    look at your ancles. and mid section. :flowerforyou: oh and also how your arms are hanging closer to your body now.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    If the shirt in the last pic is the same size as the first one, then there's a big difference!! Just keep going :) Also, I suggest taking measurements because then you will be able to actually quantify the difference!
  • beccacha
    beccacha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! Your chest and stomach look smaller. Also keep the "onion peel theory" in mind. When we are overweight, we carry extra fat everywhere, including on the INSIDE of our bodies, around our organs etc. When we start to lose weight, it comes off from everywhere, and not always places we can see. Kind of like peeling an onion….when you take off a few outside layers, you can't tell a huge difference, but when you keep going suddenly each layer makes a world of difference. Keep it up!
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Its hard to tell as you are wearing different clothes but your legs look much smaller, ankle area especially. Keep it up you are doing well x
  • healthylifewealthylife
    Options
    I see the difference,keep going it will pay off.Celebrate even the small victories and congratulate your victories.As long as you stay focused and continue,you will see and feel the benefits in your body.It has been a tremendous climb for me and I am very excited to see you moving forward.
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    I do definitely :) just look at your face and your legs in the last two pics, you're doing great!
  • superstankazz
    superstankazz Posts: 193
    Options
    First of all just let me say CONGRATULATIONS on losing 38 pounds!!!!!
    Honestly, I can see a difference and I wouldn't say that if it wasn't true! Your face looks thinner and in the last two pics, your ankles and legs looks thinner. Keep doing what you're doing...it's working!!!!!!!:smile:
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Definitely look smaller now; I can see it in the abdominal area and your face especially. Keep up the good work!
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I would like to say I can tell all over! You are a beautiful person! I am sure you are as beautiful on the inside!! Keep going with your goal and do not let ANYTHING stand in your way! At the end of your journey, you will not only look more beautiful, but, you will change for the better...:drinker: mentally, emotionally and healthily!
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Definitely a difference! Face very much so and lower half- oh yes! Keep up the great work~ it's showing!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I can see a major difference in your legs - look at your ankles/shins between the second picture and the third - you look very swollen in the second pictures, but I see ankles in the third!!

Whatever you do, don't get discouraged. You see yourself every day so it's going to be harder for you to see a significant difference. Keep up the great work !
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    keep going, I did see a diffrence before a 50lbs drop, so hang in there, the scale likes you
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! Your chest and stomach look smaller. Also keep the "onion peel theory" in mind. When we are overweight, we carry extra fat everywhere, including on the INSIDE of our bodies, around our organs etc. When we start to lose weight, it comes off from everywhere, and not always places we can see. Kind of like peeling an onion….when you take off a few outside layers, you can't tell a huge difference, but when you keep going suddenly each layer makes a world of difference. Keep it up!

I hadn't thought of it this way before, but that's a great analogy. :)
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    If I had a red marker to play "Spot the Differences" I could show you what I see. Since I don't:

Your forearms are smaller from Pic 1 to Pic 2 - can't see in Pic 3 since your arms are bent.
    Your arms don't hang out from your body as much as in Pic 1 so I can tell you've lost inches in your upper arms.
    Your face is really starting to emerge in Pic 3.
    It looks like your stomach has lost inches as well. I have no idea on sizes in shirts in Pic 1 and Pic 3 but if they are the same, there looks to have been significant loss in your waist.

I highly recommend you get your measurements taken and continue taking them every couple months (or as often as you start feeling discouraged). Measurements will tell you your weightloss story like nothing else will.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I see a bit of a difference but it's hard to tell because in 2 of them you're wearing really baggy clothes. It takes a while to see a difference when you have a way to go, 38lbs is brilliant so keep at it and you'll be able to see the difference yourself in time.

Until then you should measure yourself, I'll bet you've lost a fair few inches with those 38lbs :smile:
  • hawaii86442
    hawaii86442 Posts: 167
    Options
    I see weight loss around your waist and in your face. Have you done measurements. I wish that I would have taken chest measurements instead of my neck. I want to see some difference there.Good Luck 39 is a lot to lose!!!!!!!!!
  • kschmi24
    kschmi24 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I see a difference in the way your arms hang naturally. They push out to the sides less. 38 pounds is excellent, and I know that the bigger I was, the harder it was to tell that I'd lost weight. People didn't really notice until I hit about 25lbs lost, I started at 236. Keep up the good work!
  • Laurakbg
    Laurakbg Posts: 66
    Options
    I can totally see a difference. It looks to me as though you are losing weight evenly all over your body, so proportionately you may think you look the same. But I bet if you drew an outline of yourself at the weight in the first pic and then at the weight in the third, you would see that you are significantly smaller all over.

AND - have you noticed changes in how you feel? Your endurance? Enjoyment of activity? That is important stuff!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!