Superfoods & Supplements

Options
I'd like to add way more of these things into my diet and am kind of at a loss. Where do I start? I bought flaxseed meal & chia seeds but I don't know if I'm supposed to have them in the same day, or alternate days/weeks. I can't take a multivitamin because the niacin in them turns me into a ball of fire, but I have been taking Biotin, D, b12, and the MegaRed Krill Oil.

I welcome any suggestions!

Replies

• RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    99.9999% of the claims surrounding "superfoods" and supplements are complete and utter horse****.

Hit your caloric and macronutrient goals, and eat a variety of fruits and veggies. That's all you need.
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    I used both flax and chia at the same time in my smoothies. I also used the green max powder from swansons in there.

I use the flax and chia every day if I'm not making a smoothie. I just toss it in oatmeal, cottage cheese, yogurt. You can also bake with it.
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    I started taking Vega whole food health optimizer by Sequel. It has Omega 3 and 6 EFA, enzymes, probiotics, protein, phytonutrients, alkaline-forming, antioxidants, iron and fiber, gluten free. It is very strong stuff. I take a half serving every day. The taste is not so great, but I have seen people mix it with rasberries, blueberries, etc.