Would wearing a dress to the zoo be out-of-place?

Options

Replies

• TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Not at all! I'd wear a dress as long as it's comfortable and your shoes are too since you may be walking a lot. Since I've lost weight, I even wear one while camping! Have fun!
  • Pomoch325
    Pomoch325 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    cute sundress, yes. Prom dress, no.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Not weird at all. Little sundresses are comfy and a great way to stay cool. Nice breeze.... :laugh:

No harm in lookin' cute while you walk around the zoo.

Agreed!
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    A sun dress with flip flops or cute flats would be perfect. I don't see anything wrong with it!
    I personally wouldn't cuz my thighs would rub together and that would HURT after walking all day. BUT I think it'd look good!

I think he was thinking like a short dress or a tight dress ... probably the first thing he thought of when you say "dress". But a flowy summery sun dress would be nice!!
  • hthrld
    hthrld Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I wore a Sundress to the Cincinnati Zoo last week. It was cooler and more comfy than anything else I own. Do it!
  • AbbeyRysMom
    AbbeyRysMom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I think a dress would be perfect!
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'd personally go with shorts because I tend to do a lot of bending and kneeling and squatting while looking at things/helping my daughter look at things in their cages and pens. But I don't think a dress would be out of place or weird at all. :)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I don't think a sun dress/mumu & sun hat are out of place at all at a zoo. If it's a dress you'd wear to church, that might be a little weird.
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    a cotton or jersey dress would be perfect. have fun!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Just as long as your comfortable and are able to walk around in your dress. Go for it. I live for skirts and dresses!
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Maybe, he thinks it is weird, because he doesn't see you in a dress that often? just a thought
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fine for a warm summer day.... but not something you'd wear to a nightclub or a wedding, that would be wierd!
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love how a woman looks in a dress, especially a sundress for casual. That said, of course it wouldn't be out of place.

Now if I wore a dress to the zoo or anywhere else... yeah that would be weird except in Scotland.
    AHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHA "its no a dress, I tell ya. Its a bloody kilt!!!"
  • rrrainiii
    rrrainiii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    There have been more than a few times when my boyfriend told me something I was wearing was "weird," but then I ended up getting tons of compliments on the outfit from other people. Just sayin'. ;)

I think a dress with some cute sandals or flats would be a rocking outfit for a day outside in the sunshine!
  • blackburn23
    blackburn23 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I went to the zoo last Friday and I saw a lot of women wearing summer dresses, so no I don't think it would look out of place. I personally wore walking shorts, a t-shirt and some very comfortable tennis shoes. Here in NC the temperature was close to 90 at the zoo. So, dress coolly (personal choice), wear comfortble walking shoes, have plenty of water on hand and have fun!!
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have to agree that it would be fine to wear a dress to the zoo, especially a cute sundress. Your husband may think it is weird because he is not use to seeing you in dresses or only seeing you wear one when you are getting dressed up. My sister wears dresses/skirts in place of shorts and I have to tell you she always looks very cute. I have been buying more skirts and dresses for the warm weather.

Some one had mentioned the problem with thighs rubbing together... baby powder. I always keep a small bottle in my purse. and it is not a problem at all.

Have fun at the zoo!
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm going to throw in my two cents as a woman blessed with delicate petite thighs uh hmmmmm...my only concern is chaffing. :flowerforyou:
  • smkafka
    smkafka Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I say go for it if it is a summer dress. :) Have fun!
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    A summer dress would be appropriate, and very cute! As long as you're not rocking heels and a little black dress-you're good to go! I love wearing summer dresses :)
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    Not at all. There are lots of really nice sun dresses (and sun hats) available that will help you stay cool and comfortable while you stroll around.

in fact, it could look very classy.