Losing inches on thighs! HELP!

Options
My thighs are my problem area! I lose weight but my thighs are where all my fat stores. How can I lose inches off my legs? Any suggestions?

Replies

• XxSarahKatexX
    XxSarahKatexX Posts: 120
    Options
    You can't only lose weight from one target area. You gotta do it through whole-body weight loss. Just use your calorie counter on here and you should lose weight if you stay within your calorie limit :)
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Lateral movements (side to side) can really help up your calorie burn and build muscle in your hips and thighs, but as panda said, gotta work it to lose it!
  • dancngdolfn
    dancngdolfn Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you've heard of the PINK Method but i do those workout video's and i've lost 6 inches or so off my thighs. They do a lot of lunges, and squats and stuff like that for the legs.
  • zen_mama
    zen_mama Posts: 51
    Options
    walking has really been helping me to slim down my thighs. I didn't take measuments on my legs before I started, but my pants and shorts are fitting better after 5 weeks and I can see a difference when i look in the mirror. I also do a lot of stretching and toning exercises (yoga and pilates).
  • 911Megz
    911Megz Posts: 42
    Options
    Brazil Butt Lift through Beachbody has an amazing workout!!!
    Also, you could use thigh toning bands.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    toning muscles in your legs may actually help as it builds muscle in the area. This does not remove fat from that area.. only builds the muscle. You may actually see a temporary increase in size due to increased muscle mass but this mass will also help the burn. Fat comes off as fat wants to come off. No such thing as sport reduction. Eventually, it will have to go as you reduce overall body fat percentage.
  • Raddichio
    Raddichio Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I would gladly take some of your extra off your thighs and hips, as I am decidedly deficient there, if you will take some of mine from the bust. Sorry, not very helpful, but I do wish we could even things out so all of us could lose where we want and prevent losing anymore where we already didn't have much.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I would gladly take some of your extra off your thighs and hips, as I am decidedly deficient there, if you will take some of mine from the bust. Sorry, not very helpful, but I do wish we could even things out so all of us could lose where we want and prevent losing anymore where we already didn't have much.

So true!!!
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I tried long distance running and that worked for me! I used to have thunder thighs!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/607564-before-after-pics-of-ladies-who-lost-in-their-thighs

look at this thread
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    A small calorie deficit, adequate protein, running plus heavy strength training did a lot for my thighs. And extra helpings of time and patience. :wink:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    My thighs are my problem area! I lose weight but my thighs are where all my fat stores. How can I lose inches off my legs? Any suggestions?
    Genetic predisposition dictates how you lose fat. You can't target it (unless you do lipo). Just keep lowering your bodyfat and they will catch up.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kimchi84
    kimchi84 Posts: 56
    Options
    I tried long distance running and that worked for me! I used to have thunder thighs!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/607564-before-after-pics-of-ladies-who-lost-in-their-thighs

look at this thread

this also work for me along with squats and lunges :)
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Running has helped me lose weight where I never thought I would lose it. Most of my life even when I was slim, I've had love handles and wide hips (not a round butt, like people want, just wide hips!). When I started running, the fat just melted off. It totally changed my body shape.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    You can't only lose weight from one target area. You gotta do it through whole-body weight loss. Just use your calorie counter on here and you should lose weight if you stay within your calorie limit :)

True as far as weight loss and overall body fat reduction goes. You can get small reductions in size by targeting muscles in certain areas, as that tones and tightens those muscles. That only works to a fairly limited degree and only if you haven't been doing much strength training or high intensity exercise (running, cycling, dance, etc).

If you're just starting out, I would start on leg press for a few weeks (minimum) while also working core muscle (abs & back) to build a base of strength, then move onto squats and deadlift along with the core work. Cycling and running combine a varied requirement of strength as well as a great cardio workout. I don't dance (or zumba) so....????
  • dasblondie
    dasblondie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i dont really have a good suggestion for how to reduce your hips....i just wanted to say i have the same problem...my extra weight in my hips didn't come off until the end of my weight loss (it did a little during too but i lost it much easier elsewhere)...im 3lbs from my goal weight now....but it will come off....just stick to it...and work out...i have started 30 day shred and i can see an improvement overall and there is a lot of leg based exercises. Dont get discouraged....you can do it!!!!
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    3143910+_59a384cd931e813bb7b539f5b88a23f3.jpg
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bump