ANYONE ELSE HUNGRY AS A HORSE????

Okay! It has been a month now since I've been working out! :happy: But, I've noticed that my appetite is something FEROCIOUS!!! :embarassed: I eat all the time! I'm not putting on weight--I've actually lost a few inches, but people at work look at me like I've just slapped their mother when I walk by two or three times with food! Is that normal??????? :ohwell:

Replies

• Okay! It has been a month now since I've been working out! :happy: But, I've noticed that my appetite is something FEROCIOUS!!! :embarassed: I eat all the time! I'm not putting on weight--I've actually lost a few inches, but people at work look at me like I've just slapped their mother when I walk by two or three times with food! Is that normal??????? :ohwell:
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    I often have days when I feel like I can't stop eating. I try to drink water before I eat to fill up, but still often feel hungry. I just try to make sure that a majority of the food is healthy and low in calories and fat. Fruit, veggies, popcorn. It's been said to try to fill up with fiber and protein and you might feel satisfied longer. And it is better to graze all day and keep your metabolism running, rather than the traditional three large meals, so as long as you're staying within 100 of your calorie range than keep ding what makes you feel best, especially since you are losing doing what you're doing.
  • jillholleysmith
    jillholleysmith Posts: 30 Member
    When I started working out, my appetite grew a lot too, especially at first. Plus, a month into it now, you're starting to build muscle.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Yep!

I take it as an indication that my metabolism is stoked up. . .I try to stay within my calories, but I do have days when I feel like eating is my job.:flowerforyou:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    That was me yesterday and today's turning out the same. I ate a good (usually) filling breakfast at 8:00 and was ravenous by 9:30. I could have eaten a whole other breakfast! :laugh:

It's good to know it's probably my metabolism going strong!
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Yep!

I take it as an indication that my metabolism is stoked up. . .I try to stay within my calories, but I do have days when I feel like eating is my job.:flowerforyou:
    lol:laugh: that's cute
    i feel like dieting/healthy eating is my job too
  • celeste15
    celeste15 Posts: 51
    OH MY GOSH! I feel like all I do now is eat, lol. Since I started this plan and started exercising regulary, I almost feel it impossible to get all of my calories in that I need for the day. But that's a good thing. Means we are doing what we are supposed to be doing. Good luck to ya!
  • cwalbrj
    cwalbrj Posts: 61
    I had to laugh when I saw these posts... I make myself a breakfast sandwich (200 cals) that I eat in the car on the way to work - since I drive about 45 minutes in. I drink water, but oh my gosh I just can't wait until lunch most days.. after lunch I seem to be fine - it's those four hours between breakfast and lunch that are the hardest for me. I do have an afternoon snack, dinner and an evening snack (and by then have used up my cals). I try to do a 30-minute workout everyday just to make sure I have enough cals for my evening snack. So yes yes yes... hungry !
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Yes, I feel like I'm starving, but my size says NOT!
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Five to six small meals a day really does seem like eating is a job! :laugh:

Right now is my light popcorn and diet soda time! I always get the afternoon munchies - pocorn always hits the spot, plus it's filling enough to last until dinner!
  • tkid873
    tkid873 Posts: 1
    I can't stop eating, it's the same every day I do great stick with my plan but at night time I lose all willpower, I feel like Im losing control!!!
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    I can't stop eating, it's the same every day I do great stick with my plan but at night time I lose all willpower, I feel like Im losing control!!!
    I feel the same way. A couple hours after dinner and my willpower goes out the window. I know that I shouldn't eat before bed, and I try, I do try but often fail, even if I've done great eating healthy all day. And because I know this hunger monster will take over every night, I have to cut back a little during the day to leave myself a few hundred extra calories for after dinner eating.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    I try to arrange my meals so I am allowed a late-night snack too. Why fight it if you know the munchies happen every night?
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    I just go for a nice long run/walk on those days. Its amazing what 60 minutes will give you to eat! ~smiling~ I get to graze a WHOLE lot further by adding my goal (or more) cardio in!
  • cegeland
    cegeland Posts: 25
    I was good up until the last couple of days and now it seems as if I can not stay full for more than an hour. It sucks to eat a nice supper and then 45 minutes to an hour later hear your stomach rumble.
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    I had to laugh when I saw these posts... I make myself a breakfast sandwich (200 cals) that I eat in the car on the way to work - since I drive about 45 minutes in. I drink water, but oh my gosh I just can't wait until lunch most days.. after lunch I seem to be fine - it's those four hours between breakfast and lunch that are the hardest for me. I do have an afternoon snack, dinner and an evening snack (and by then have used up my cals). I try to do a 30-minute workout everyday just to make sure I have enough cals for my evening snack. So yes yes yes... hungry !

Thats my problem too!!! But I have found a trick for myslef. I usually eat a breakfast bar first thing after I get my morning paperwork finished (takes about 30 min). Then I found if I eat a samll apple I can actually hold out for lunch without feeling like my stomach is digesting itself. Maybe try eat to small things in the morning instead of just one "bigger" item.
    Good luck all you guys..I feel your pain!!!
  • delanahub
    delanahub Posts: 56
    Hey all one thing to remember about late night hunger, sometimes you are really just tierd, your body says "I need energy", and it will get it form food or sleep, so if it is late, go to bed. For those of you eating all day, if you are within your calories and you aren't gaining, that is how we are supposed to feel, not like bloated messes....(my previous state of feeling full).
  • Just look at how much you workout and the intensity. I find myself in a similar situation. My body type allows me to gain and lose weight very fast. So i'm always conscious of my caloric intake. I'm at the gym about 5 nights per week for an hour, 15 min bein cardio. I have noticed a large change in my hunger. Not the typical weightloss hunger but getting dizzy if I don't eat something. Believe me I"m not short changing my calories...eat when you feel hungry, make sure your not bored, and put good food in your body