Laundry vs. Running...

Options
supermom2002
supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
And Running won! It's Sunday night on a long weekend and nobody will read this...but I don't care.

2 weeks of laundry piled up that i really didn't want to do...so I put on my running gear and headed out. Cleared my head and just ran. 10 minutes later i come to the spot where i either turn right and finish up the rest of my short little 7K around the big block...or turn left and go up the MONSTER effin hill and the 3 more just like it. what the heck, i'm feeling good and it's a great night. Up those hills I go.

Tonight my head was right, found my rhythm, the air was fresh and I just kept going. 11kms in just under 65mins. That's a whole 3 kms further than I've ever run in my life!!!!

And now i'll be up till midnight doing laundry. A SuperMom's work is never done.

Replies

• NuevaNatalia
    NuevaNatalia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I read it! :wink:
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Good job on the running! And laundry can wait till another day.........
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Why not just put the clothes in the washer, go running, then come back and put them in the dryer? That's what I do. It usually takes me around 45min to get in 4.5 miles and the washing machine takes 55 minutes.
  • jburls23
    jburls23 Posts: 22
    Options
    I read it too! sounds super liberating! Way to go!! and 11k is phenomenal!
  • catweazle12
    catweazle12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's not a long weekend in Canada! LOL
    I love those runs when you just plan a short run and you keep going and going... A Forest Gump run I call these kind of runs.
    Good work :smile:
  • cvanbeek
    cvanbeek Posts: 107
    Options
    great job!
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love avoiding things with exercise =] especially school work haha
  • RahRahRiotSC
    RahRahRiotSC Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Amazing running! Running is just an idea for me right now but I have a feeling I might like it... I don't know. But reading that makes me feel good for you!
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    very awesome. :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Now thats a nice NSV Supermom! :D
  • KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    That's awesome!!!:drinker:
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    hrm. i havent been for a real run for ages. mainly just hit the gym. i think i need to get out there again.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I read it and I love it! Way to go!
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    good job!!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Read it! It's awesome! I'm so proud of you. You are amazing!! :flowerforyou:

I've only been running a short period of time. Well mostly a run/walk combo. But the longest I've ever run was only a couple of minutes, around 5. :blushing: But reading this makes me want to keep trying!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Go go go! Amazing! Laundry is NOT.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Why not just put the clothes in the washer, go running, then come back and put them in the dryer? That's what I do. It usually takes me around 45min to get in 4.5 miles and the washing machine takes 55 minutes.
    That's what I was thinking? I do all the laundry and try to find ways to keep waiting for it down to a minimum since I just want to get it over and done with. Usually I toss em in and do something else like clean the house or even go workout then come back later and toss them in the dryer.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you!!! :)
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Supermom is right!
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    tomorow is a Holiday, so what is the rush? LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!