New to MFP

Options
Hiya, I joined today because a colleague told me about it for the iphone and already I'm hooked! I started logging today and I find it a lot better and easier than WW and SW. I'm from Leeds and need to lose weight as I sit down all day in the office, snacking (not any more). I'm aiming to not only eat healthier but to do more exercise. Dawn xx

Replies

• 42diesel
    42diesel Posts: 7
    Options
    Welcome - I just joined as well. Logging your exercise and food seems a great way to keep motivated. I'm the same as you - got a desk job so it's been tough to keep the weight down.
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Snacks are a good way to lose weight. Plan ahead. If you have a snack in between meals you're not going to be starving by lunch. Generally speaking though you're going to need diet AND exercise to make this happen. Start out small....if you can go the gym every day for 20 min...after a few weeks it will be a snap to bump that up to 25 min or 30 min.

Don't ever diet...moderate. Cut back on carbs. Avoid the three white poisons sugar/salt/flour....eat a diet rich in lean meats and veggies.

Good luck.
  • randipandi90
    Options
    Hi! I just joined a couple days ago. I realized that I eat way too much processed foods and need something to keep me in check. I also am aiming to complete a 5K in September, so I also need something to keep me accountable there too. So far this site seems pretty awesome!
  • lilorphann
    lilorphann Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It's very addicting and works! I've been using mfp for 450ish days. It's become 2nd nature to log in and input my food and exercise. No matter where I am, I'm doin it! LoL. Feel free to add me :) I'm always looking for new friends on here.