You People...

Options
dunlunicor
dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
...I hate that phrase. It just implies so much negativity, but I've gotta use it. You people must be hungry or something. Seriously. That's the only reason I can think of to explain why so many people on here are so rude and PO'd at each other all the time. Just looking through the forums and participating a little bit, I've seen so many cases of people getting so upset over a debate on a fitness website. It's sad.

It doesn't matter what you viewpoint, your aesthetics, your grammar skills, your training regimen, or your diet plan is; it comes from ALL sides, and it's silly.

I just wanted to say that "you people" need to chill out and support one another without so much hostility and judging.

Please use this thread to say kind, encouraging, and thoughtful things to one another. If you disagree, do so respectfully or move on without saying anything. I'll start.

I love how this community has helped me keep track of my health. Since joining, lost 5% of my bodyfat. I'm more mindful about my choices, and I'm inspired by all of the progress I see here.

Your turn.

Replies

• sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! :)

And I love this site for holding me accountable and all the fantastic, supportive people I've "met" on here that inspire me to turn my health around and be the best that I can be :)
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

I LOVE this site and all my MFP's I'd be lost and have given up a long time ago without it :heart:
  • snipermedic
    snipermedic Posts: 53
    Options
    THis is not as fun as the other two *****h session posts...but I have met a lot of really cool people on here.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    THis is not as fun as the other two *****h session posts

Give it time Mr. joining date May 2012
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I love this!

I've been so upset about these things on this forum. Especially how women put others down. I love how this website has helped me loose 20 pounds, and I can't wait to see my progress in the future, but I wish the forums were more supportive.
  • tkb1985
    tkb1985 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love how encouraging the majority of people on here really are! It's so nice when I have a small victory *like fitting in to an old pair of jeans*, to be able to share that with people who understand just how much that means! x
  • snipermedic
    Options
    THis is not as fun as the other two *****h session posts

Give it time Mr. joining date May 2012

So youre saying it gets even better?

I spoke to soon...look above.... lol
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I post on a number of forums - although this forum seems a tad emotive - it's fluffy pillow talk compared to parenting forums imo.

Group hug.......................?
  • dunlunicor
    Options
    I love how encouraging the majority of people on here really are! It's so nice when I have a small victory *like fitting in to an old pair of jeans*, to be able to share that with people who understand just how much that means! x

I know what you mean. I tell my boyfriend I lost a percentage on the bf% scale and he looks at me blankly. On here, people realize how huge small victories are to someone's self-esteem when they are working on being healthier.
  • taunto
    Options
    pro tip: Use those kinds of hateful threads to find cool, level minded folks and add them to your friends list. And communicate more and more with your friends rather than spending time on boards. Nothing good comes out of reading a board where hungry people have the freedom of speech...its worst than dealing with crackheads and drunks
  • Starrynights1107
    Starrynights1107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    pro tip: Use those kinds of hateful threads to find cool, level minded folks and add them to your friends list. And communicate more and more with your friends rather than spending time on boards. Nothing good comes out of reading a board where hungry people have the freedom of speech...its worst than dealing with crackheads and drunks

That's what I do @adding cool folks from crazy threads :)
  • dunlunicor
    Options
    I post on a number of forums - although this forum seems a tad emotive - it's fluffy pillow talk compared to parenting forums imo.

Group hug.......................?

Hey, just trying to ease some tension and give people a positive thread to hang out on. All the fat/skinny/black/white/rich/poor/gay/straight/transgender/cisgender/brown/yellow/red/purple hating was getting me down. I'd rather spend a little time reading about people's successes and positive stories than how strongly they believe that if you're not on their plan, you will die instantly and you are an idiot and endangering the public with your plan. Threads like this makes me feel like there's a reason for being here other than petty bickering.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options

That's what I do @adding cool folks from crazy threads :)

Don't know how you ended up with me on your list! :laugh:
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

I wish we were friends.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Lol I agree but I must admit that I do get pretty entertained by all the drama. I was loving the posts from a few days ago when the extremely skinny girl posted her before and after pictures and everyone went crazy lol.
  • snipermedic
    Options

THe siht is pretty funny...
  • taunto
    Options
    Lol I agree but I must admit that I do get pretty entertained by all the drama. I was loving the posts from a few days ago when the extremely skinny girl posted her before and after pictures and everyone went crazy lol.

Yup, found a couple of cool cats from that thread too. I should use my intelligence to cure cancer or something....

Nah, i'll just carry on singing HAKUNAMATATA!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Sorry, Mom.
  • snipermedic
    Options
    Can we get a link to the skinny girl post...need one more laugh before bed.
  • EvilPink
    EvilPink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    .Nah, i'll just carry on singing HAKUNAMATATA!

Hey, didn't the streaker at Busch Stadium at the Cards / Phillies game the other night have Hakunamatata tatted down his side? It was you wasn't it? :laugh: