Pear shape

Options
natzkj
natzkj Posts: 127 Member
Hi
i have a pear shaped body and would like help on where to go now to slim down. I no tht diet is the start, which i am already doin, and exercise which i am trying to put more in to my daily routine. But i just seem 2 be struggling, i no tht spot reduction does not work. Any one else a pear shape or any one with any advise??
x-x-x-x-x

Replies

• Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Embrace your shape! Think of all the good things about being pear, teeny tiny waists and generous hips! None of the pesky tummy fat that has medical implications!

In terms of actually slimming down, I found the only way to make myself look more proportionate was to get to a lower weight for my height, and do lots of weight training, this added two inches to my shoulders, which helped balance my hips out and slimmed down my thighs. I'll never have cute, skinny legs and ankles, but they're toned and look healthy!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! Pear shaped with hips/booty and all. Try not to focus on the negative of your shape.... just work on overall healthy choices & exercise. Adding strength training into your routine is a way to build muscle so you "burn" more calories at rest - plus a tone booty/thighs looks better than the "giggle". :happy:
  • BigAardvaark
    Options
    Pear shape = best shape ;-)
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Embrace your shape! Think of all the good things about being pear, teeny tiny waists and generous hips! None of the pesky tummy fat that has medical implications!

In terms of actually slimming down, I found the only way to make myself look more proportionate was to get to a lower weight for my height, and do lots of weight training, this added two inches to my shoulders, which helped balance my hips out and slimmed down my thighs. I'll never have cute, skinny legs and ankles, but they're toned and look healthy!

Agree with this! Losing weight overall was the first best thing, weight/strength training, second.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges are going to be your best friend when it comes to weight training your lower half... contrary to what some people say about Pears weight training their lower halves, it will not make you bulky.. it will give you slim defined legs, or at least, thats my experience.

Pair that with some upperbody weight training, cardio and a moderate calorie deficit and you'll be set :)