Fast food after being on a healthy diet...

Options
onikonor
onikonor Posts: 473 Member
So, I've been switching to healthier foods mostly whole grains, healthy meats and protein foods.

Going out this weekend I decided to have some pizza. I can't believe I used to eat that stuff all the time, I had it for lunch yesterday and felt gross all evening and this morning....

Anyone else have the same experience with takeout foods you used to enjoy?

Replies

• Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    i had kfc and pizza recently and it almost killed me... well it felt like it was gonna... it made me bloat and felt like i had an oil slick down the back of my throat and heartburn all night... wont be doing either again soon
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Deffo. I feel sick after eating anything extremely oily, fatty etc. Can't even enjoy KFC anymore :(
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    I went through a phaze where junk food gave me diarreah after all my healthy foodds. Now I sneak 'naughty' things into my diet on a weekly basis so I'm not ill on special occasions like birthdays and weddings!
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I remember for the first few months after starting this journey I would crave McDonalds french fries and cheese burgers. Now it seriously makes me sick to smell it or think about eating it. It is just crap in the shape of a hamburger patty. It's awful that people eat that stuff, some eat it daily. It is weird how much my palette has changed. I look forward to getting to eat my apple with natural peanut butter now lol.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I can still eat pizza :P that may be my only exception, but I am COMPLETELY turned off to fast food or really greasy stuff.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Anything loaded in grease will upset my belly after eating healthily. This means no Maccy D's or Pizza Hut. Interestingly Domino's and KFC are ok...
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    yeah, its a great side effect isnt it!
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    i could eat it all in a heartbeart!

Bacon double cheeseburger with 2 large fries and a large chocolate milkshake? YES PLEASE!

It doesn't make me sick at all. I still love it ohhhhh so much. Too bad it has 489423089 calories.
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I ate Sonic yesterday, had a jr cheeseburger with no mayo & a small tot. The grease alone killed me!

As for pizza... I eat pizza a lot (college student, y'all) sooooo maybe I'm used to that! xD
  • jumptothebeat
    jumptothebeat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I can't eat fast food like McD's anymore, it actually makes me feel physically sick afterwards (it didn't used to lol). Anything really greasy now is a real no-no for me. Not a bad thing - it makes making the 'right' food choices easier!
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I did this last night I feel like death this morning :( its horrible bloated and gassy, wont be doing that again anytime soon! :(
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm right there with you. Pretty much all store-bought or restaurant desserts do me in as well as any kind of fast food. Most of it tastes "not worth it" even while I'm eating it now, too. (Except for a BK burger - those are still OMGGOOD at the time of eating, hah.) Afterward, I feel uuuugghhhhhhh, for sure.

It's a continual challenge to get my head caught up with my body, in that my head still cries for various "treats" from time to time, and my body hasn't yet learned to put a damper on those cries immediately...only after it's too late.

My hubby and I have also noticed the same phenomenon is true of high fructose corn syrup...we've made a concerted effort to not have it in the house as much as possible, and now when we eat something that has it in it, we'll stop in mid-chew and read the label in mild alarm. Sure enough, our palettes have grown to the point where we notice it immediately. Crazy, huh? Things with HFCS just don't taste good to us any more.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    When I started losing weight, I didn't give up/cut out any kind of food. I eat plenty of classic 'health food' - vegetables, fruits, lean meats - but there's never been a point that I've not also eaten pizza, burgers, ice cream, cupcakes, etc.

I feel pretty good no matter what I eat.

Except broccoli... broccoli always makes me feel like death.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I used to eat fast food daily. Sometimes several times a day.

Now, I always regret eating it. Not because of the calories, but because I always feel like crap. I get sick as hell. My body just can't handle all that anymore.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I was like that at first. I don't know what changed, but I can eat fast food once in a while now without feeling totally disgusting. I'd never give up pizza, I love it way too much!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    My mom and I went out to eat yesterday and my brother had a fire last night, so I figured its a holiday weekend, you eat healthy all the time just enjoy yourself. I have been sick as a dog since 3 am this morning. I think I'll be sticking to my healthy food from now on.
  • viviennemayer
    Options
    Yes, a definate killer for me. My body totally rejects that stuff and I still occasionally try to eat it. I can't believe I ate that stuff so often. I get the same problems everyone else is talking about and feel so run down and sluggish. One day I hope to be able to go out with friends and just order that darn salad so I'm not so sick the rest of the day.
  • LFiestan
    LFiestan Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i have KFC a least once a month, during my cheat day...i consider it a treat, but i dont eat as much as i used coz when i eat way too much i feel really bad and guilty.
  • jmdax
    jmdax Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I can still eat pizza :P that may be my only exception, but I am COMPLETELY turned off to fast food or really greasy stuff.

I'm with you. Pizza is my weakness. But rather than wolf down half a pie, two slices is now enough for me. Never did like McD's food. I will eat at Wendy's from time to time, as I did yesterday, but not too often. KFC's grilled chicken is pretty good, but there aren't any that close to me.
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm glad I dislike the feeling of eating unhealthy stuff as opposed to liking it as before! Keeps me eating healthy stuff.

Things like brand toast with organic peanut butter doesn't make me feel bad, I guess since it's the good fats.