pizza

Options
I'm slipping,eating pizza again!I know what I have to do, just need to do it. This sucks!!!Well I'll start again today. Wish me luck

Replies

• Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    How can something so good be so bad for you? Everytime I look up the nutritional data of pizza, I cringe.
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    Good luck!! You CAN do this! Props to you for dusting yourself off and not having a pity party. Good for you! :)
  • wed30
    wed30 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Know how you feel. So enjoyed a fattening hamburger saturday. Doing ok now though. You will too.!
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i know it is my favorite, it sucks, but you could make your own at home and make it healthier! :love:
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I still eat pizza. I don't eat a WHOLE pizza, just ONE slice of pizza. Totally doable. Enjoy your pizza!
  • Amymarie19715
    Options
    I like pizza to.I think you can have pizza but try to make it healthier. Papa Murphys ha s a delite pizza thats healthier and 3 slices is a serving. Also there are ways to make a homemade pizza thats helthier. This was posted as a a topic you could look it up. One thing I have done is take a whole wheat tortilla add tomato sauce with seasonings and tomatos,mozzerella cheese and turkey pepp. its really good.
  • beckywilkeherbst
    beckywilkeherbst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I eat the Roma thin crust 4 cheese pizza and add some extra seasonings at home...it gives me my pizza fix with much lower calories than many of the other store bought pizza's. it is very thin crust and very light on the cheese.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Try the Lean Cuisine pizzas. Around 300 calories and pretty good.
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I still eat pizza. I don't eat a WHOLE pizza, just ONE slice of pizza. Totally doable. Enjoy your pizza!

This... I love pizza and will never give it up. Go for thin crust, do not do extra cheese, and choose healthier toppings. I like veggies, but my family doesn't. We've agreed on ham and pineapple. The cals are much better than the our normal sausage and pepperoni.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    do you ever make your own? you can considerably reduce the calories when you make your own, even if you don't make the crust by hand (you can often find pizza dough in the refrigerator case at your nearby box grocery).

but if you make your own crust, it's super easy and very customizable.

further, i've heard of using cauliflower as a crust (though I haven't tried it myself). I'm in the middle of a no-bread experiment right now, so I might try it this week and let you know!)

just search out "cauliflower pizza crust" for the recipe. It's said to be amazing.

BOL...
    k
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    and one more thing: one day won't kill your efforts. even on my "no bread" experiment, I've had a couple slips, but everything has worked out just fine. my slips were small, conscious and infrequent which (I think) is more key than anything else.

keep at it, soldier!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Pizza. My very favorite food. The food I miss the most. I have to admit, that I have had it twice since I began changing my life style eating habits back on March 12th. I did limit myself to two pieces each time though, and allowed for logging it in.
    I know exactly how hard it is to resist.
    I guess we have to allow ourselves to indulge sometimes, and just try to go on from there.
    Tomorrow is another day. Keep on going forward, it is all any of us can do.
  • babecon
    babecon Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This obviously isn't a pizza replacement but making an omelette with Italian herbs, tomatoes paste and cheese in the middle has a pretty pizza-y charm to it
  • zumbaabby
    zumbaabby Posts: 59
    Options
    I still eat pizza once a week or so. I changed to thin crust...it doesn't have quite the calories as a regular one. often times, I can exercise, and eat pizza, and it never even causes me to eat into any of my exercise calories...just saying.
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options
    I will never give up pizza!
    They may take pictures of our fat butts but they'll never take... our PIZZA!!!!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    i know it is my favorite, it sucks, but you could make your own at home and make it healthier! :love:

I love pizza too and it takes less time to cook then wait on the pizza man to deliver. Buy some single serve crusts, a can of tomato sauce (add garlic and oregano, heat on the stove) and some veggies to top. I nix the cheese and meat, but if it fits in your calories go all out.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I'm slipping,eating pizza again!I know what I have to do, just need to do it. This sucks!!!Well I'll start again today. Wish me luck
    I work out like crazy so I can eat what I want and I would never give up pizza!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

Here's the Deal. I'm eating pizza today. Why, because I know ME, AND I PLANNED for it. I am LIVING a LIFESTYLE Not on a diet. I know that if I do not plan and put in "Treats" I will Cheat and slowly gain weight back. In Living My Life, I know "Holidays, Birthdays...some weekends" are special for Me, so I Plan for them. Yeah, I cringe when I see Pizza Nutritional info, but I SURE am glad I ONLY eat it when I HAVE the calories/sodium...and Planned for it. KEY, Know YOU!

Also: Someone mentioned Pizza substitutes, Mine is what I call Tortilla 'Quesadilla' Pizza.
    2 Flour Tortillas (Place 1 in warn frying pan)
    1/4 C Shredded Cheese (Put half on bottom of Tortilla in pan)
    1/4 C Pasta Sauce (Put dabbles around Tortilla)
    10 Pieces Turkey Pepperoni (Place around Tortilla)
    Put the Remaining Cheese on top of Pepperoni and Top with other Flour Tortilla. When cheese begin to melt, Flip over and warm other side. Of course you may use whatever fillings you desire ( onions olives, ...)
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your macros, its not such a big deal
  • unassembledandy
    Options
    I love pizza, so moreish tho cant be trusted with a dominos or pizzahut around!

i like making pitta pizzas

pitta bread, little bit of tomato puree (or slices of tomato)

some toppings (I usualy make some spicy chicken up only half a breast)

then sprinkle with EXTRA strong cheddar - the stronger it is the less you need on there for the cheesy taste

and i cut into strips not slices just becuase pittas are awkward cut traditionally ^_^