I am new to this and need all the help I can get

Options
My name is Joan, I am a type 2 diabetic, obese, trying hard to be "just overweight" and eventually totally OK. I have other medical issues as well. I am looking forward to gleaning more info from diabetics on hints and tricks they use. I really love sweets!

Replies

• eatyoveggiesfoo
    Options
    I love sweets also! You can try to make your own sweets and sweeten them with Stevia instead of normal sugar
  • jgarrity2
    jgarrity2 Posts: 5
    Options
    I have been doing that for quite awhile, so perhaps it is not so much the sweets, but the carbs. I read labels now religiously, because I was amazed at how many products, even those you may think of as "healthy" have fructose corn sugar in them which is terrible for ANYONE. I read somewhere that companies are trying to get it OK to call that stuff by a different name because people are catching on to how bad it is. It is a preservative, and I think it probably makes sense to the manufacturer to use it to increase shelf life. I have found it as one of the top three in the ingredients list on a package of Sara Lee Whole Wheat bread. Now I only eat whole grain, or 7 grain bread, and then not much.