Hello- Newbie to MFP

Options
Hi everyone just stopping by to say hello. I am new to the forum, unfortunately not new to dieting. Going at it again, this time trying a new technique. Diet and exercise. Hopefully, I can do it this time. I started last Monday and I am down 4 pounds. So far so good. Anyways. I am working for it. Anyone need a support buddy hit me up. Otherwise, good luck to each of you and your fitness goals.

Replies

• JBersheim
    JBersheim Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome to MFP! I started a few weeks ago trying for the first time to seriously lose some weight. I have lost about 7 pounds so far, most of that was in the first week.

One major piece of advice I can give you is your weight loss might be quick in the beginning, but that is only water weight. It will slow down after that. In order to lose weight at a safe pace, 1 pound a week is a safe goal. However, as always, talk to your doctor about any weight loss plans.

I have done a lot of research, but if I am incorrect about anything, please inform me.
  • mamacita4life
    mamacita4life Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    HI J. I know its water weight, The scales hasn't moved since but, I am gaining muscle. I can see my body changing from doing the Insanity workout. I really am watching my food and exercising. Its definitely a challenge.