Shaker cups

Options
Okay, quick question....anyone have a good solution to getting that smell out of shaker cups after you use them and don't immediately clean them out? It's nasty and I'm sure someone has got a good solution.

Replies

• mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options
    Try soaking it. could even maybe use a light water/bleach solution then make sure you scrub it really good after.
  • kxblack
    kxblack Posts: 18
    Options
    i have found scrubbing with baking soda helps also but sometimes depends on what was in and how long
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    Mmmm, maybe baking soda is a good idea!!
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Baking Soda, Bleach, Vinegar, Lemon Juice... Just not together? Be Sure to rinse well!
  • hina_syed_3
    hina_syed_3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    better thing to do is just rinse it off right away when you can. Even if it's in from a drinking fountain just a quick rinse and when you get home doing a good wash.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    better thing to do is just rinse it off right away when you can. Even if it's in from a drinking fountain just a quick rinse and when you get home doing a good wash.

This is what I do. I use mine over and over with just a thorough rinse right after use, and no funky smells.

Aside from that, I'd go with the baking soda idea. I've used that to get the plastic smell out of new plastic bottles and Camelbak packs.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Depends on how bad the smell is. Once mine got a funky smell to it and baking soda helped a little but not much, so I mixed a teaspoon baking soda with a teaspoon of bleach filled my bottle with water teh rest of the way, gave it a good shake and let it sit for an hour. Worked like a charm
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Denture cleaner
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    Of course the right answer is to wash out right away, but it's beyond that point :)
    I will try these suggestions :)
  • ashlet01
    ashlet01 Posts: 13
    Options
    Bleach does wonders. My kids have made cheese in their sippy cups and that is the only thing that gets the smell out. Nothing quite like finding a sippy cup of milk a few days later. :-0
    The smell is horrible!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Ha! Still wondering about this. I scrub my Blender Bottle til I'm blue in the face (a workout in and of itself) and it still smells weird. Like plastic-y. Supposedly it's BPA free but starting to think otherwise!!