Yay, I'm in a horrible mood already. And it's not even 8am.

Options
2»

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    What time you eat means nothing, plenty of people have success with intermittent fasting which means though they get up at a "normal" time they don't eat til say noon ot 2pm - depending on their fasting window.

What does matter is how much you eat. I don't think you are eating enough. what is your height, weight, how much exercise do you do and how intense?

Dunno about that. If you are saying someone on a 1600 calories diet could eat those 1600 calories at 10 pm and go to bed.
    Another person eats 4 4oo calorie meals throughout the day?

no way they lose weight at the same rate.

Frankly my dear, I think you are wrong.

How IF works is that you have a certain window to eat - lots of people regularly have say, an 18 hour fast and a 6 hour eating window. this means they might stop eating at 10pm each night and not start again until 4pm.

It might not work for everyone but it does for many.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    You are kidding right? You aren't eating often enough, and what you are eating is carbs and fruit sugars. Start cutting back on the carbs.. don't cut them out, but I went back 4 days in your diary and I don't see consistent eating over 1000 calories.

Good luck! add as a friend if you want to see my diary and get examples.
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    What goes up must come down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK62tfoCmuQ

Turn it up!
  • joeq722
    joeq722 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    What time you eat means nothing, plenty of people have success with intermittent fasting which means though they get up at a "normal" time they don't eat til say noon ot 2pm - depending on their fasting window.

What does matter is how much you eat. I don't think you are eating enough. what is your height, weight, how much exercise do you do and how intense?

Dunno about that. If you are saying someone on a 1600 calories diet could eat those 1600 calories at 10 pm and go to bed.
    Another person eats 4 4oo calorie meals throughout the day?

no way they lose weight at the same rate.

Frankly my dear, I think you are wrong.

How IF works is that you have a certain window to eat - lots of people regularly have say, an 18 hour fast and a 6 hour eating window. this means they might stop eating at 10pm each night and not start again until 4pm.

It might not work for everyone but it does for many.

If you say so ;)
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Has it been especially humid? Where I live, it's been humid like crazy for the past week and everybody I know is up. I'm up 4lbs!! It's driving me nuts!! I know its water though because my fingers feel fat. I've been having too much salt too, so that doesn't help. Also, are you.....regular? Things sometimes can get backed-up and that shows up on the scale too! But the body goes in natural highs and lows too, even though it drives us crazy!
  • cairoqueen27
    cairoqueen27 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Your food diary looks a lot like mine would, start off well, and end rubbish. You are not eating enough food calories or drinking enough water. Your body will store fat as it now thinks there is a shortage in food/water supplies! Eat that extra 200 cals you have spare each day, and choose fruit and veg, avoid fatty snacks/rewards/treats and do drink the recommenced minimum of water too. Dehydration also often makes us think we need to eat and we reach for a quick sugar fix. Drink a glass of water when you are "hungry" or craving sweet stuff. Wait 20 mins and if still hungry make a healthy choice. Sit down and eat it slowly - enjoy it.
    Please, please, please stop eating that fudge cake (or apple pie etc.), you know it is making your challenge harder don't you?
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, you are not eating enough ( I went back a week in your diary) and you are not eating very many quality foods. A lot of junk in there. Try to incorporate more vegetables and lean meats in your diet. Maybe cut back on the chocolate cake to two or three times a week. Good luck! =)
  • terry_mtb
    terry_mtb Posts: 45
    Options
    The Number 2 most important # you should be concerned with is your Protein And 1 being your .. calories,,keep your protein as close to 100 as you can..you can friend me if you like
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Just so everyone knows. I do NOT want to be starving myself at all. The chore thing about eating is making sure I got enough, which i thought i was :(

I'm currently in the warton weight loss clinic. (i've lost 8 pounds since Jan.) Today I don't think I'll workout. I need to get back on track with my calories.

Are they not tracking your food/calories with you at the Wharton clinic? Thats something they should be doing, and I would assume that they would be advising you on how to eat a properly balanced meal instead of 400 calories of food and 400 calories of cake and calling it a day since you are part of the program.

If they aren't tracking your food and calories with you, maybe you should be looking to them to try and get help, meeting with a nutritionist etc. to help you figure out what is best for you, because to be honest, your food diary does not look good. I went back a full week and almost all were under 1000 calories with very little food to show for it.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    It's actually GOOD news for you...you get to eat more food and start losing weight again. Suh--weeet!! This is all a learning process, so now you're learning that unintentionally starving yourself does not work. We are all here to learn, so eat up!! :flowerforyou:
  • jmasse25
    jmasse25 Posts: 5
    Options
    I think you should go see a nutritionist.

Posting your miseries online is a great way to solicit support, however, when people start offering advice, it gets dicey. What works for one person might not work for another. Eating too late? Eating too much sugar? Not eating enough? Someone will always try to pinpoint an issue that might have been their token to success, but not your own.

Using your food logs, go to a nutritionist and have a reality check. What are you doing correctly, and what could you be doing better?

Just remember - keep your chin up and be proactive. Sitting in-front of a computer and wallowing in sorrow will not help you lose weight.
  • conniie
    conniie Posts: 119
    Options
    Has it been especially humid? Where I live, it's been humid like crazy for the past week and everybody I know is up. I'm up 4lbs!! It's driving me nuts!! I know its water though because my fingers feel fat. I've been having too much salt too, so that doesn't help. Also, are you.....regular? Things sometimes can get backed-up and that shows up on the scale too! But the body goes in natural highs and lows too, even though it drives us crazy!
    Yes it's been humid out :( I also might had a little to much salt maybe. Yeah I haven't gone to the washroom in the past 2 days SOOO i think that might be it because thats what it was last time i believe.