has anyone tried the Fitbit?

Options
Hello everyone!!
I've been doing some research on the fitbit for weight loss. It seems like a neat device but it's expensive ($99.99). I was wondering if any one out there has one and can provide some feedback on it. Thanks for your help! keep up the good work with your journey to a healthier you :)

Replies

• Amy_Bailes
    Amy_Bailes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    search for the FItBit users group - lots of great info.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Well worth every penny to me.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Yep, I find it very handy and worth the price. I really like that it automatically syncs to the MFP site so I don't have to key in the information manually.
  • chocmorgan
    chocmorgan Posts: 1
    Options
    hello everyone i just got one the other day. I'm so excited my husband surprised me with it. I will definantly keep you guys up dated on how well it works.
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    I have one and it is worth every penny. It tells you how many steps you've taken, how many floors you have climbed, how active you've been., even how effectively you have slept It is a wonderful tool.
  • LaGordita87
    LaGordita87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting one and haven't decided if i want to spend that much money on one or not so i can't wait to see the responses for this, maybe they will help me decide :)
  • brandolp
    brandolp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love mine!!!
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If you do a search for FitBit in the message boards, you will find tons of other posts about the Fitbit! I like mine, but I pair it with an HRM. I wear the Fitbit all day, but the HRM for my workouts.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Got mine 3 weeks ago as a gift, loved it but bit went faulty 1 week ago after 2 weeks useage, and I've contacted fitbit through email (only option available) several times and I've had no response. Left with a faulty fitbit! Not impressed! X
  • Smead3369
    Smead3369 Posts: 32
    Options
    I have had mine for almost three weeks and love it. I wear it all the time. It motivates me to move. I love that it tracks my sleep activity. I love it and glad I bought it.
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have had mine since January, and it has become a part of me. I wear it 24/7. It keeps me motivated to move more, and I think it is worth every penny I spent for it. I had to contact Customer Support because my charging station went bad, and they were awesome. They answered my email quickly and mailed a new one out right away. Bottom line--I love it!
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I love mine! Especially since I've been abroad, I like to know how many calories I burn in a day ... it really helps me to know so that I know how much I can eat!
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Knowing what I know now, I would pay twice the price I did for Fitbit!!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I just ordered one, with the thinking that if I don't get on with it I can always sell it on eBay ;)
  • Karthwyn
    Karthwyn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I adore my FitBit. I work in a hospital setting and it really helps me to see how many steps i take during the course of a work day. I also think it's a good nudge on days where i'm being overly lazy. It's a subtle reminder that "hey, you need to get off the computer and go use your feet for a while."

It helps me know if i can eat more to fuel my workouts based on the amount of energy i put in with minimal effort on my part. It also recognizes the difference between just steps and steps taken up stair cases or steep hills, which makes it more accurate.

I also love that it syncs with MFP and i can hook it on my bra instead of my waistband. I'm far less likely to throw it in the wash that way.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've had one for a couple of years now and I only use it on vacation to track my steps/mileage. Other than that it sits unused on my desk - the appeal disappeared quickly.
  • TheCuriosity
    TheCuriosity Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Got mine 3 weeks ago as a gift, loved it but bit went faulty 1 week ago after 2 weeks useage, and I've contacted fitbit through email (only option available) several times and I've had no response. Left with a faulty fitbit! Not impressed! X

That is unusual as Fitbit's customer service is typically stellar. I suggest posting on the Fitbit message board. Jerrod will most likely let you know to email, but if for what ever reason your emails are not getting through (it happens) then at least they are aware of it and can start helping you.

Basically, they are not ignoring you on purpose and will help you once they are aware of your issue.
  • jon40084
    jon40084 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've ordered mine today - should arrive tomorrow!!!
  • 1FitBabe
    1FitBabe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I really like my Fitbit also.

There is another pedometer called a Striiv that looks pretty cool also. It has you walking steps to build an island (like Wii Walk It Out) and to earn points for charity.
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love mine so much I got one for my mom too! I have a desk job and at the end of the day it really helps me to know that I didn't' move enough today and I go do some more. My mom is in her 60s and has joined MFP to get herself on track and it has helped motivate her too. She often beats me in steps each day because I am tied to my desk. It is fantastic and helps motivate both of us to go a little further each day.