To folks who want a "Like" button on MFP

Options
2»

Replies

• Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Well as the original pic that the poster posted - we really don't need another like system...

Likes are so confusing on Facebook ... when you posted something sad and some *kitten* hat likes it...
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Well as the original pic that the poster posted - we really don't need another like system...

Likes are so confusing on Facebook ... when you posted something sad and some *kitten* hat likes it...

A friend of mines mother got diagnosed with blood cancer (leukemia?) and he posted the news on FB. 5 freaking likes....

I mean they were probably liking the part of the thread where he asked friends to pray for her but still...it felt like thye were liking that she got the cancer
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    LOL
    I agree...
    let's not turn everything on the internet into FB.
    thumbs up/down sounds good. =]
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I like it the way it is.

I hope it is not like every thing else that is good. The more mass appeal something has the more bastardized it becomes from the developers attempt to appease the masses.

see. - World of Warcraft, Myspace, Livejournal, every fast food restaurant in america and now Facebook.

Did any one else notice that Facebook is just the original Livejournal in its lay out ? Which Myspace stole from Livejournal and now it has come full circle and Facebook looks like Myspace's thievery of Livejournal!
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i agree. although i dont mind FB its not the do-all and end all of communication.. :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I like it the way it is.

I hope it is not like every thing else that is good. The more mass appeal something has the more bastardized it becomes from the developers attempt to appease the masses.

see. - World of Warcraft, Myspace, Livejournal, every fast food restaurant in america and now Facebook.

Did any one else notice that Facebook is just the original Livejournal in its lay out ? Which Myspace stole from Livejournal and now it has come full circle and Facebook looks like Myspace's thievery of Livejournal!

Pretty much my thought. These over simplification of things causes drastic reduction in communication
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have the simplicity of being able to copy/paste photos here.
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I REALLY hope this site does not decide to resemble Facebook in any way! I had Facebook for a little while after friends convinced me how amazing it is. I dropped out right around the time they introduced the "like" button.

Facebook makes me sad :(
  • GreatVibe
    GreatVibe Posts: 87
    Options
    agreed!
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    LMAO! I have found myself looking for the "like" button on here... but you know I am much more addicted to this site rather than facebook :P
  • AbbeyRysMom
    AbbeyRysMom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I think I would "like" a motivational button for statuses. I mean in the forums, I don't always have anything to say, but On someone's status, just because I don't have the right words to say, doesn't mean I didn't read/acknowledge their status.
  • MsTae84
    MsTae84 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that it is nothing like Fb but, I would like it if there was a like button and notifications. If I could chose which post I wanted to follow and which ones I didn't would be lovely.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    A 'LIKE' button would effectively kill off the very thing that has made MFP the success it is...it would be even worse to get a 'Like' response than a lazy, meaningless ' wtg'.

People would kid themselves into thinking they are being supportive by clicking a 'like' button....but a +/- rating for forum posts might be a good idea...one forum post gaining momentum right now is ' what % of your FL would you sleep with...". go figure.