Do you still indulge in a drink or two?

Options

Replies

• tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    Almost a beer or two every night. (if I have the calories) But I log it in my diary. It is my reward for working hard, eating right and exercising. I find myself working out even harder or longer to earn my beer calories. :)

you rock!

Thanks Mercenary! And so do you!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I had not drank in a long time, but these past 3 weekend I've had a few drinks. I did feel guilty the next day but got over it pretty fast. Life is too short!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I cut waayyyy back when I started getting into shape. Back then I was having too much, IMO, like 3-4 rum and diet Pepsi's a night (and doubles at that).

For a long time I didn't drink at all, then slowly started having a drink or 2 on the weekends only, which is where I'm at now and it hasn't derailed my progress.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have wine with dinner most nights. It hasn't gotten in my way.
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    heck yas.. I am drinking on monday .. already counting it into my calories.
  • pirjo1955
    pirjo1955 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes - unfortunately, usually more. But the trick is to write everything down, even if you do go over your calories / points.
    Years ago, when doing WW, I had lost over 50 lbs, and I did drink all the way through the journey. But I always journalled it all.

Now - I am way overweight again, and need to do it all over. Realistically, I know I cannot go without, especially if others around me are drinking. But - I find it works well for me to mix my beer with near beer. At first it was 1 can of near beer for 2 beers, but lately it is 1:1 most times. (If I drink a bottle of beer straight, I'll find myself continuing doing that, rather than mixing. Bad ! )

I also like my wine. Like so many have said, it's about enjoying Life. And we don't want to just "be on a diet", and then go back to real life We want to make changes we can live with for the rest of our Life.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Enjoying a Seagram's 7 and diet 7 Up right this moment.
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    Have a glass or wine most nights - 5 out of 7 probably. Log it, keep under on calories, and have had no problem losing weight. And while they might be "empty" from a "nutrient" standpoint, there are unambiguous health benefits which are outside of what you do with MFP/MAcros/Micros/Logging etc.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I still indulge in a drink or 2 a few times a week. I just make sure I have the calories to cover it. It has not hindered my weight loss.
  • wvval
    wvval Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes, I usually drink wine, 4 or 5 glasses a week:)
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, that is one thing I will not give up ever. I just make sure I burn the calories first. I have a severe weakness for red wine!
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    i don't drink often, but when I do it's at least 4 oz of rum.
  • BobbySophie
    BobbySophie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have one or two, or never more than three most every day. I've lost 20 pounds that way. The challenge, however comes after we meet our goal weight.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I don't usually lose weight if I am drinking daily, even if it is a small amount. Not sure if this goes for everyone, but its definitely true for me.
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    When the occasional calls for it, certainly! But only sometimes. As you can see, I'm holding a shot glass in my profile pic! :laugh:
  • korinastern
    korinastern Posts: 55
    Options
    I drink two martinis after work if my calories permit and I usually make sure they do
  • oregonpatfan
    Options
    My wife and I both drink on a daily basis and we both log it in to our calories. She has lost like 7lbs and I am about the same. She does zumba daily and the only thing i do is my work..i am a chef. We usually drink Vodka it has the least amout of calories and it can go with just about any mixer. we try to stay away from snacking in the evening but it is hard.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Heck yea!!!
  • toomanycurves
    toomanycurves Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a glass or two of wine on occasion. Some weeks will include several occasions and some weeks will include none. While I factor in the calories, I think that my wine drinking has probably slowed my weight loss. I'm not terribly concerned about this because I'm not attempting to diet; rather, I'm trying to make a lifestyle change that will allow me to maintain my weight once I've lost my extra pounds.
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I work in the Wine industry, so on most days I have no choice especially when we have in office tastings. Unfortunately, during most tastings we also have baguettes and yummy cheese because seriously the two often go hand in hand. :sad: