Committed, focused, & thrilled; looking for fitness buddies.

Options
Thanks for taking the time to read this. My name is Amanda - I'm 25/F, 5'8", and my current weight is 192lbs. My goal weight is 135lbs. I know that I have a long way to go, but I've decided to once and for all get off the crash-diet course and stick with what works: good, clean foods; smaller amounts; and increased exercise. I tend to have an athletic build, and I'm excited to not only drop fat - but build lean muscle definition, as well.

I know that people generally do better when they have fitness friends - and I'd love to connect with like-minded folks here!

Cheers,
Amanda

Replies

• jtdink1121
    jtdink1121 Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! Great job for deciding to change your lifestyle! Your going to do great, this site is very helpful! Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me, I love motivating and encouraging new members!
  • AmandaC19871
    AmandaC19871 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Done and done! :smile: Thank you so much for reaching out - encouragement is always appreciated, and inspiration is never wasted.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I am with you. feel free to add me as a friend!!!!
  • fishstar7
    fishstar7 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Amanda! I just joined today also. I weigh now what I did when I was ready to give birth to both of my kids. After procrastinating because of being busy or being too tired I have finally come to the point where I have to do something about it. My goals are similar to yours and I am ready to get started. It seems like a long way to go for me too. I actually came across this website as I was exploring joining weight watchers online. I want to be able to fit the clothes I have and feel good about myself again. I am also looking to have more energy and to get off blood pressure medicine that I recently had to start because of the weight. I am wishing you the best of luck Amanda!
  • K1mmer
    K1mmer Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like! I am recommitting to myself today and hope to lose about 50 pounds. That scares me a bit so my first goal I to drop 10 pounds and be 191. I am generally a healthy eater so I plan to make sure I stay under my calorie goals and try to up the exercise. My body responds well to exercise so if I can keep myself moving I should keep making progress!
  • AmandaC19871
    Options
    Hi Amanda! I just joined today also. I weigh now what I did when I was ready to give birth to both of my kids. After procrastinating because of being busy or being too tired I have finally come to the point where I have to do something about it. My goals are similar to yours and I am ready to get started. It seems like a long way to go for me too. I actually came across this website as I was exploring joining weight watchers online. I want to be able to fit the clothes I have and feel good about myself again. I am also looking to have more energy and to get off blood pressure medicine that I recently had to start because of the weight. I am wishing you the best of luck Amanda!

Great to "meet" you! It sounds as if you're taking a step in the right direction...and although it may seem like a daunting task, just think about how much better you'll feel, not just when you hit your goal weight, but as your progress along the way. Best of luck to you - I do hope that we can encourage each other along the way. :smile:
  • Christi_Kitty
    Options
    Love to help you out, just getting started as well, have a big goal ahead of me, and want to stick with it!
  • lovespinkinMN
    Options
    You can do this!!! :) Feel free to add me! It's a great place to be here with beyond awesome people! :)
  • AmandaC19871
    Options
    Add me if you like! I am recommitting to myself today and hope to lose about 50 pounds. That scares me a bit so my first goal I to drop 10 pounds and be 191. I am generally a healthy eater so I plan to make sure I stay under my calorie goals and try to up the exercise. My body responds well to exercise so if I can keep myself moving I should keep making progress!

Congrats on making such of a positive choice! I love the idea of creating 'mini-goals' - I'll definitely have to implement that into my plan. And remember - it doesn't matter how slow we may go in the beginning...just the fact that we choose to go is what will get us there in the end.
  • kellycdowney
    Options
    I just started this journey a few days ago and am looking for some fitness buddies as well. Add me if you would like. I am also 5'8" and 27 years old. I started at 217 and am trying to get down to 140. While I've been successful in losing weight in the past, I've always reverted back to old habits. This time, I'd like to make permanent changes in my life. I'm looking forward to improving my health and my life!
  • srjfit
    srjfit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI AMANDA!!! YES! Me too! We can do this. I am doing this, THIS TIME! I've been on every fad diet and just tried the 4 hour body diet for a few months. While it did work for a few weeks, ultimately it came down to knowing I CAN'T have certain foods, which OF course only made me want them more. So yeah, ha that didn't work out. I just turned 25, am 5'7, and am done with the starting over speeches I give myself. I just want to be happy and healthy and confident in how I look and feel. Today is my first day BACK to logging as well. Let's do it and keep each other motivated, and well sometimes it helps to vent to a complete stranger. I want to lose 30! AND I really do think it's key to logging. IT may take a while and be a annoying, but in the end it will be worth it. BACK to basics is what I'm calling it. GO US! haha
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! I think your going to do great on MFP! It's a huge help when used consistently. Good luck!
  • AmandaC19871
    Options
    I just started this journey a few days ago and am looking for some fitness buddies as well. Add me if you would like. I am also 5'8" and 27 years old. I started at 217 and am trying to get down to 140. While I've been successful in losing weight in the past, I've always reverted back to old habits. This time, I'd like to make permanent changes in my life. I'm looking forward to improving my health and my life!

Sounds like we have remarkably similar stats - way to go on beginning your journey!!
  • AmandaC19871
    Options
    HI AMANDA!!! YES! Me too! We can do this. I am doing this, THIS TIME! I've been on every fad diet and just tried the 4 hour body diet for a few months. While it did work for a few weeks, ultimately it came down to knowing I CAN'T have certain foods, which OF course only made me want them more. So yeah, ha that didn't work out. I just turned 25, am 5'7, and am done with the starting over speeches I give myself. I just want to be happy and healthy and confident in how I look and feel. Today is my first day BACK to logging as well. Let's do it and keep each other motivated, and well sometimes it helps to vent to a complete stranger. I want to lose 30! AND I really do think it's key to logging. IT may take a while and be a annoying, but in the end it will be worth it. BACK to basics is what I'm calling it. GO US! haha

Preach. I actually dabbled with the 4 hour body last year but gave it up after all of the crazy supplements Ferris suggests made me feel ill. I know how you feel...completely. And boy do I know alllll about the 'starting over' speeches. That said: I know now that putting myself down doesn't work. Whacky diets don't work. And ignoring the problem certainly doesn't work. Eating clean, eating proper portions, and appropriate amounts/intensities of exercise are the way to go.

Let's do this.
  • lorijh72
    lorijh72 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hey there Amanda, your goals remind me of mine im currently 196lbs and my goal weight is 130lbs and I also have a athletic shape as well, I'm thick lol oh I'm older too lol! I'm Lori 39yrs in need of amazing friends anyone thats dedicated and very commited wanting good support add me, I love to be supported as well, I'm in it for the long haul and so excited to have new friends that just start or old ones that like new friends like I do!