Looking for Dedicated and Supportive MFP Friends!

Options
2»

Replies

• millzjaimie
    Options
    What did you do to lose 17 pounds so fast? I was just reading people's stories and I saw your comment. I was just curious.
  • LisaE1067
    LisaE1067 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am new to this site was recommended by a friend at church that is using it successfully. I have had success in past with WW, but being a single mom to 3 children I can't afford WW anymore. I lost 57lbs in 2008 and reached goal weight. Since then got divorced went back to work full time as a RN. Being a emotional eater I gained about 35 of it back, but have managed to lose about 18lbs, but am totally stuck at getting the last 20 to 25lbs off! Very frustrated!! Have been very disappointed in myself at my lack of motivation at tracking what I eat or just not caring at times!! I for the most part am very faithful about getting my exercise in 4-5 times a week. I do not like being at a stand still so I would be glad to help you out if you could reciprocate the same.

You are doing great! Good luck and let me know if I can do anything to help!
    Lisa
  • photojunkie28
    photojunkie28 Posts: 292
    Options
    I would love a motivational MFP buddy. I have a few real life motivators, but they don't come home with me and help through that ever so dreaded night time where the fridge is only a few steps away! I am new to MFP, but not totally to the health scene. I am learning a lot as I go and am down 30 lbs so far and starting on my last 30lbs. If anyone is really familiar with the whole "eat more to lose" scenario (having to build calories up first to create a normal metabolism before losing lbs) that would be particularly helpful on my part and I would be happy to share my experiences/recipes and exercise advice in return! Eat Pray Love fit-friends!
  • Cirrex
    Cirrex Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add away! I am fairly new and trying to build a support team as well! We can help each other!
  • marinemomx2
    marinemomx2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well - would love to help support you in your goals :smile:
  • ryliejaiden
    ryliejaiden Posts: 68
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I've been here 5 weeks, lost 13 pounds, and about 10 inches. I'm on here several times a day and am very dedicated/determined to lose this weight!
    I'm always accepting new friends and looking to create a good support group.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    You can add me : )
  • PrettyMindy14
    PrettyMindy14 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request - having more people to be accountable to is always better! (In my opinion!!) Anyone else can feel free to add me too!!!
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :D I'm an avid logger and poster! I'm looking to build a list of supportive, interesting people as well.
  • yquier
    yquier Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You may add me as well! I'm a mother of three and my breaking point was after my third child, instead of loosing I was gaining. I hit 250 and was done. I started Insanity three weeks ago and joined MFP a week ago. I could use some motivating pals myself.
  • greygorilla
    Options
    Hi, I am also new to the site, as of just a few days to go. Don't get discouraged, it seems that putting the weight on takes such a little amount of time. But trying to take it off is the hardest and lingest part. I have been working at this for over 3 1/2 years now, very strict diet, exercise for the a last 1 1/2 now. I have dropped from 400 lbs to my current weight of 261. My goal is 230 -225lbs. My real goal is to stay alive. I have liver cirrhosis as caused by fatty liver. My choice to lose weight was forced and not an option. I would encourage everyone to stay motivated, keep making small changes her and there and don't get discouraged if the weight takes some time. The way I see it, I might have disease, but I can so kick butt more now then I could before. Good luck to everyone
  • capabledesire
    Options
    I sent a request. Anyone else feel free to add me too. I need the support I've been trying to loose the last 30 pounds for over a year now.
  • ginw0411
    ginw0411 Posts: 2
    Options
    Feel free to add me :D