My starting point...280 lbs (with pictures)

Options
nbfoerster
nbfoerster Posts: 12 Member
These are pics of my starting point as of today...

7291202682_43137a0e4e.jpg
016 by nbfoerster, on Flickr

7291208064_e6f10b6dd5.jpg
015 by nbfoerster, on Flickr

7291198264_33108e943a_n.jpg
017 by nbfoerster, on Flickr

I am very excited to begin my journey!

Replies

• cunnine
    cunnine Posts: 52
    Options
    I'M proud of you for getting started. U did not put this weight on overnight. It will take time, eat health and exerice. Good luck on you journey.
  • nbfoerster
    nbfoerster Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I need all the advice and support I can get!
  • cowgirlzride
    Options
    Have a fabuous journey! YaY for you!!!!!!!!!
  • tevra
    tevra Posts: 17
    Options
    nb add me as friend, I just started also and am looking forward to loosing...and the people here are just great!! It takes time...but it will all work out and you will start feeling better! :flowerforyou:
  • lilorphann
    lilorphann Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step and deciding to change your life! Good luck with your journey. I started a lil over 450 days ago, at 273, I'm down 77 pounds. I was a size 20 or 22 and now I'm a 12 or 14. Make sure you have a good support system in place and use it!
  • spypilot
    spypilot Posts: 4
    Options
    I am so proud of you! You are going to do great!:smile:
  • nevergiveupi
    Options
    It's like looking in the mirror. Good luck I am just starting too.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp, i am about 70 days into this journey and here for the long run. All friends welcome.:flowerforyou:
  • kmmealey
    kmmealey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best wishes. What a great first step - I think MFP is great. Very easy to use. I need the accountability to keep me on track. Access to other food diaries gives you meal ideas, too. If you have access & time to visit a Registered Dietician, it's the perfect combination with MFP. Getting sound medical/scientific advice gives you a great basis for food choices. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' website = "eatright.org." (Keeps me from getting caught up in the latest diet craze.)
  • kassimoneyyy
    Options
    Good luck! Proud of ya... gonna do great!
  • JennyLu3
    JennyLu3 Posts: 26
    Options
    Best of luck to you! If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to chat me up. :)
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Good luck! It's going to be a long journey, but it's VERY much worth it in the end! :smile:
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yay for the first step! Good luck to you on this journey! MFP is a great place! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like!

:-)
  • denise4230
    denise4230 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    just think, today is the start of an exciting journey and a few months from now you wont even know who that lady is :happy: feel free to add me, always looking for friends for support and encouragement ( and sometimes to tell me to get my butt in gear, lol)
  • builtforlife
    builtforlife Posts: 259
    Options
    You can do it!!!!!!!!
  • jreed1920
    jreed1920 Posts: 123
    Options
    Welcome aboard! The best advice I received since starting, things will change, change takes time, just don't quit!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! Put these pictures on your MFP blog so you have them, you will want them as you get smaller to remind you of where you are coming from. Celebrate each pound as a milestone that we said goodbye too... Take pictures every 10lbs and live by those small successes!
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. You'll get there.

I like MFP because it is much like what I used over 10 years ago to lose over 100 lbs and keep it off for 6 straight years. I used a Palmpilot with a simple app. However, the day I stopped tracking was the day I started gaining weight. I'm almost 4 months in tracking my calories with MFP and slowly losing weight again.

Remember, you can use your computer but if you have your smartphone with you, you'll always have your tracking mechanism and your supporting friends.
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling you're going to do just great! :flowerforyou: