Remaining Calories Question

Options
My trainer has suggested that I am not eating enough calories (so maybe my body is storing what I do have) so I have been upping what I eat which has been a struggle.

What do people recommend is a good percentage of remaining calories to have each day?

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Are you using MFP to calculate your calorie allowance?
    if so, you should aim for 0 remaining.
    (and if you are using MFP numbers, then you should be eating extra cals on the days that you workout).
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    ask your trainer what you are using to do the gym session if your body is holding onto the calories that you are eating.
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Yup, I eat until MFP tells me to stop.....
    It is calculated that way!
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    If you're using MFP's calculations then yes, you need to eat them all back. If you're using your own then try to not net below BMR.
  • milleric
    milleric Posts: 25
    Options
    Im able to eat until it tells me to stop.....if I dont exercise.... but then I burn 1000 and Im way low
  • misspgreenwood
    Options
    hi

I went and read lots of stuff on the eat more ; weight less board. I dont have a lot left to lose so I have worked out my BMR / TDEE and cut for seditary (sp) and then will add my exercise back and eat most of those calories. It doesnt leave me much wiggle room as I'm not that big.

For me (at 5ft 3, 119lbs) that means eating between 1250 (never below that figure) up to around 1300 (15% cut) - then I exercise for the extra cals I want/ need. I have set MFP to 1300 and I eat to net that.

hope that helps.
    x