Biggest Loser Wii

Options
Does anyone have the Biggest Loser for the Wii?? I've been checking it out online and it looks really good, I'm thinking of getting it but wanted to know what you guys think first. Do you like it? Is it a good work out? Is there a lot of squat type moves (I have bad knees)?
Thanks in advance!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i had no idea they even had one! i so want the wii fit, now im gonna check out the biggest loser!
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    OH WOW! that looks neat!

i have been doing the wii fit for a week or so and i have noticed a difference in my shape. and the way my clothes fit.

the Biggest Loser one is something i could really get my boyfriend into.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii but I need more of a challenge than Wii Fit offers now that I'm getting into better shape and I saw the Biggest Loser at WalMart the other day and think it might be what I need :bigsmile:
  • monteig
    monteig Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten it yet, but have read really good reviews so far.

You might want to check and see if your local video store or game store has it available for you to rent first.

I wish I would have been able to rent that terrible, terrible Jillian Michaels game for the Wii before I bought it. It did not work AT ALL and of course, now I see all the reviews say that. It would have been nice to spend that money on a game that did work.

Oh well! I hear her new game is much improved, and that the Biggest Loser game is even better.
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    Hey that's a good Idea, I will check and see if I can rent it, thanks. I'm glad I decided against the Jillian Michaels one, I was thinking about it a few months ago. Now that I look at screen shots you are right, it does suck. That's crappy, maybe you could try to sell it back to the store to sell used and get something back to use towards this one :wink:
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    Ok guys, I rented it today, I'm going to start it tonight. I'll let you guys know in a few days what I think so you know if it's worth trying! :bigsmile:
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    please let me know. i have a wii fit that i got bored with so i need a new activity with it :wink:
  • kathymc1955
    kathymc1955 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have it and I think it is good. You will definitely get a great workout. Have fun! Jillian's Ultimatum 2010 is 100% better than the 2009. Both are very good - Jillian's and The Biggest Loser.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I have this, I bought it a couple weeks ago. I like it better than the wii fit, mainly cause the wii fit you just choose what you want, I am doing the fitness and like (and don't like) that they make you do it all at once and they pick what you do. I has kicked my but , but I know that is good. I have can't do everhthing exactly like they do but i do my best, the last time i did it i was dripping sweat .

The only thing I don't like is that you pick the charcter and when you do the weighins it is weird cause like last time i didn't loose any weight but my charcter lost 3 ? So the workout part is good, weigh in part i thought would be more me weighing.

Speaking of it, i need to go do it tnoight since I haven't done it in the last few days.
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Anybody else been using this ?
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    I rented it and did it last night, I like it but it's going to take some getting used to. I have to go through and see what all of the options are etc. I just did the first light 18 min exercise then the 8 min cool down while I was making dinner. I was covered in sweat too, lol, I also haven't worked out in a month because I've been sick, so I think it hit me harder.
    They say I should be eating 1700 calories a day on the game, but on here I'm at 1500, 1700 feels like a lot, so I'm going to stick with my 1500. I also noticed that it is not logging the calories burned right, I've heard this before too. It said that I only burned 28 calories during that time, there's no way. I put it in under low impact aerobics on here and it says 200 calories, even Yoga on here was more than that, so it must not be right. But that's fine, I can log it on here anyway.
    How long have you been doing it for?
  • lildebbie
    Options
    I bought it and am on the 4 week challenge. I am on week 2 now (no weight loss last week on it :( but probably cause i ate horribly the night before i did it).

I like the workouts (and don't like them) they kick my but and make me sweat, I agree with you the calories are way off. I put in my weight and all the junk and tells me i need 2300 cals to loose weight...i don't think so . I am on like a 1600-1800 a day based on my exercise leve that day. Also it says that the calorie burn like 20 cals..I agree i think i burned a lot more than that. I figure that it was a light aerobic workout and seems , so I just put in light aerobics or yoga depending on what iwas for that day and the calories it burned.

Some of the challenges are fun and tiring at the same time.
  • jennybenny104
    Options
    I rented it and did it last night, I like it but it's going to take some getting used to. I have to go through and see what all of the options are etc. I just did the first light 18 min exercise then the 8 min cool down while I was making dinner. I was covered in sweat too, lol, I also haven't worked out in a month because I've been sick, so I think it hit me harder.
    They say I should be eating 1700 calories a day on the game, but on here I'm at 1500, 1700 feels like a lot, so I'm going to stick with my 1500. I also noticed that it is not logging the calories burned right, I've heard this before too. It said that I only burned 28 calories during that time, there's no way. I put it in under low impact aerobics on here and it says 200 calories, even Yoga on here was more than that, so it must not be right. But that's fine, I can log it on here anyway.
    How long have you been doing it for?

If you know your exercises, how long they take and how many calories you burn while doing them you can create 'your own' exercise in the same place you log them in. that way you will know you are accurat.

288820.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    Well after using this for the past week, I really like it. There are somethings that are difficult for me because I have bad knees and wrists, but in general it's really good. It keeps you on track and is very motivating, they even set up different programs for you do to each day, or you can choose your own. I've lost 3 pounds since the first day I did it, can't complain there! :flowerforyou:
    But now the rental must go back, I think I'll be buying it on pay day though.
  • imdamom
    imdamom Posts: 42
    Options
    I haven't looked at the Biggest Loser for the Wii but I do have My Fitness Trainer and EA Sports Acitve. Of the Wii Fit, the Fitness Trainer and the EA Sports, I like the EA Sports the best because you can set up 30 day challenges. After reading how you like the Biggest Loser one though, I think I may need to check that one out too :smile:
  • lildebbie
    Options
    I have problems with one of my knees, some of it i can't do great i do as much as I can...i was a littl upset cause i have done it for 2 weeks and it says y weight hadn't change, but i have lost 3lbs since i have done it, so i may have to try to do it in the morning or before dinner or something.