30 DS weight?

Options
Hey all!

What size of weights are you working out with for 30DS? It just says light weights..does that mean 2-5 lbs? I want to have it all in had before I start it. I have no weights at home yet so I need to know what to buy.

Thanks

Replies

• tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • hollymurphy4
    hollymurphy4 Posts: 122
    Options
    I use 3 lb weights. I'm on day 10 of the 30 DS. Good luck!
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I use 5 pound weights, but they still seem a bit too light. But use what is comfortable for you.

Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Monwilli
    Monwilli Posts: 24
    Options
    Use whatever weight you feel comfortable at. I started with 5 pounds, but on moves like the dumbbell fly or rows, I up it to 8-10 pounds for some challenge.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have 3s, 5s, and 8s for 30 Day Shred. (my DVD should be here on Thursday!)
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Level 1 I use 5lb weights.
    Level 2 I use 5lb weights.
    Level 3 I use 5lb weight for the cardio + weights and 10lb weights for the other weight moves.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I will be starting 30DS again tomorrow and I will be using 8-10lb weights but the first time doing it started at 3lbs and then upped it 5lbs.

My laptop is messed...sorry for the double post :tongue:
  • LadySuze
    LadySuze Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it with 1 pound ones :blushing:
    They are light for some excercises, but perfect for others. (and perfect for someone who has got absolutely no musles in her arms like myself :p)

Just take the ones you are the most comfortable with!
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If you have not been working out regularly, or this is your first time in quite a bit, I would suggest start with 3lbs, if you feel that this is too easy, use the 5 pounds.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I will be starting 30DS again tomorrow and this time around I will be using 8-10lb weights but I used 3 & 5lb weights the first time around.

Good Luck :drinker:
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    I used 5 and loved the results. Few of the moves were a bit difficult with them but I made it through!
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    I used 2 lb weights my first go around. Then I bought 5 lb, but they were too heavy. I still haven't gotten around to buying 3 or 4 lb because I can't decide which to get. I should just buy both. So I'm using the 2 lb for the harder stuff and the 5 lb for the easier stuff at the moment. I'm hoping to one day get to where I can use an 8 or 10 pound weight while doing it.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    If you have a 5 Below store near you, pick up different sizes. I got 4lb weights for $4 each. Other stores like Target will charge $15-20 each. If you have not received the DVD yet, I would suggest going on YOU TUBE and searching for each level. See the different moves that are done, and when you go to a store, try out the weights doing the moves she does. Don't get ones that are too comfortable because you wont challenge yourself as much. Best of luck!
  • cravingskinnybody
    cravingskinnybody Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i use 2lbs and I feel my arm ate falling though !
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I use 3 lb or 5 lb, depending on the specific exercise.
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I already had 5 lb weights so that is what I used, but for some of the moves my arms feel like they're going to fall off. Go with something you're comfortable with, keep in mind you're going to be doing some easier moves and some hard moves.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    If you have a 5 Below store near you, pick up different sizes. I got 4lb weights for $4 each. Other stores like Target will charge $15-20 each. If you have not received the DVD yet, I would suggest going on YOU TUBE and searching for each level. See the different moves that are done, and when you go to a store, try out the weights doing the moves she does. Don't get ones that are too comfortable because you wont challenge yourself as much. Best of luck!

OH thanks! Very smart idea!
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    i use 3lb weights, i honestly don't think i could complete the side lunges arm lift thingys on level one with heavier weights, but thats just me, i have hardly any upper body strength, perhaps buy a set of various weights, as you may find 3s or 5s too easy, or too hard, but if you've only got one set your stuck (like me lol) good luck x
  • cks3d1
    cks3d1 Posts: 39
    Options
    the first time i did it, i thought i would start with 5's... way to heavy to keep this up for the entire program, so I did it a few times with no weights at all. Then slowly started adding in the 5's.

The 5's are good for me, but for the the fly's i think i could probably up to at least 8 maybe 10.

I would say start low and then go from there. Your body will tell you what you can handle.
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    The first time I did it, I did them with 3lb weights and some 5lb weights. You're doing a lot of reps, so be aware of that ahead of time.

This go-around, I'm using 8s, and it is killing me. :) In a good way.