Skinny Girl Cocktails

Options
Has anyone tried any of the SkinnyGirl cocktail lines? I hear they have so many to choose from but also heard they were high in sodium. Just wanted to see what everyones thoughts were.
Thanks!:happy:

Replies

• kimmers1027
    kimmers1027 Posts: 122
    Options
    Have not tried them but I want to. A good skinny coctail is Crystal Light and a shot of Vodka. Yum !!
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Been wanting to try them too!
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I tried the mocktails n I think it was mojita, yucky, very yucky
  • denise33027
    denise33027 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I like the skinny girl Cosmo. I am not sure on the sodium content, but it was yummy!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I just tried the peach margarita...it was terrible. It tasted like some sort of medicine. I had to add some ginger ale to make it drinkable.
  • momof3inmn
    momof3inmn Posts: 26
    Options
    If the company wasn't owned by Bethanny Frankel, I would maybe try it. But I don't support her.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Nope, I have made my own though.
    I drink crystal light (limeade) with whiskey, or the strawberry banana with whiskey
    it sounds gross (me and the ex bf thought so too) but its soooooooooo good
  • TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've tried the skinny girl margaritas and they're ok.

I've just come to realize that I'm not going to skimp when it comes to my drink! I don't drink a whole lot, or at least I limit it to weekends, so I don't feel that badly about going for the top shelf margarita with the Grand Marnier! Screw health when it comes to liquor. ;)
  • busymommyx3
    busymommyx3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the skinny girl margaritas! Thats all I have tried so far but I really like them. They don't have that sickeningly sweet taste that other margaritas have. I would recommend them blended though because I thought it was a little too strong tasting when I had it on the rocks. As for sodium content I am not sure but I think everything is okay in moderation :)
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I did have the skinny girl margarita's -- but they were kinda flat tasting.

I added some Agave nectar (to taste) and some fresh lime. Couldnt even tell the difference

They were yummy :)
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options
    I tried the Margarita...it is pretty crappy.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I tried the margarita one - wouldn't really have it again, it wasn't that good.
  • stacenee14
    stacenee14 Posts: 39
    Options
    I've tried the skinny girl margaritas and they're ok.

I've just come to realize that I'm not going to skimp when it comes to my drink! I don't drink a whole lot, or at least I limit it to weekends, so I don't feel that badly about going for the top shelf margarita with the Grand Marnier! Screw health when it comes to liquor. ;)

lol You Go Girl!!!
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Good point on the blending. I bought a bottle of the margs and I didn't care for it AT ALL on the rocks. :sick:
  • stacenee14
    stacenee14 Posts: 39
    Options
    Yes, I have heard more negative than positive reviews. And in response to one of the posts, I am not a fan of Bethenny Frankel either. I will definitly be trying to crystal light and vodka or whiskey.
  • bfkilduff
    bfkilduff Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    She sold it a year ago according to wikipedia.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I just had the SkinnyGirl Margarita and Sangria and mixed both with a little flavored seltzer water. It was strong but good!
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    I love love love the White Cranberry Cosmo. The Sangria is pretty good too.
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If the company wasn't owned by Bethanny Frankel, I would maybe try it. But I don't support her.

she actually sold the company i believe
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Tried the Skinny Girl Margarita, it smells like some kind of cleaner and I do not like it.

I have found I can make a better drink on my own using fresh lime juice, tequila & nectar. It is lower cal and tastes much better